UPDATE ON HILEENA

2»

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Hileena, hope you are having some lovely weather like we are here. Absolutely beautiful.

Wonderful to hear that you are "out and about" so soon with the lovely Peter by your side. You are more courageous that I think I would be in your shoes. But it is great not to feel beaten and to get out there as this can sometimes become a challenge if left too long. I know when I was falling all over the place, however careful, I was loathe to go out but made myself do it.

Look after yourself,
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    HI MIG, BARBARA AND ELNA

THE WEATHER IS A BIT IFFY WE'VE HAD SOME LOVELY DAYS BUT SOME DAMP DRIIZZLY ONES AS WELL.

ELNA I THINK I HAVE TO FORCE MYSELF TO GO OUT. I WOULD LOSE MY CONFIDENCE IF I DIDNT.
    MYMAIN PROBLEM IS THIS SLING. I APPRECIATE PETER BUT THINGS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE AND WHEN THINGS GET WASHED THEY GET DUMPED ON THE AIRER, NOT SORTED AND I DONT KNOW WHAT I HAVE AND WHAT I HAVENT......I KNOW I'M UNGRATEFUL!!!!!!!
    JUST LITTLE THINGS LIKE THAT
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • elnafinn
    Oh, how I can empathise.;) I totally agree about the losing of confidence if one does not make oneself get out.

I also totally understand where you are coming from regarding the washing not being dealt with as we would. ;) I had my arm in a sling for many weeks recently so know exactly what you mean. Our lovely husbands have their good points and their bad points. LOL We have to grit our teeth and try to stay calm in the situation - they are doing their best or think they are!

You are not ungrateful, Hileena, it is just so frustrating at times, isn't it?

Trouble is, I just loathe not being in control, which is probably the same with you, but it will improve, trust me!

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It can be very frustrating when people do things wrong - well, not wrong, just differently. At least the laundry is being done, yes it may be piling up but at least it's clean piles - think of the alternative :wink: This is a temporary situation, before long you will resume control of all the household tasks and wishing that someone would lend a helping hand. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hileena ..its such hard work watching others do the jobs we do..especially the washing..I remember when all my kickers went missing ..without a word of a lie its took 2 days to find them..don't worry a friend bought me new ones.. :shock:
    I hope all is healing nicely and you can soon be sorting things yourself...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello Hileena, how's things? DD
  • tupney
    tupney Member Posts: 28
    Thinking of Hileena, I'm sure that she feels all the love and thoughts coming from everyone. Big hugs (((())))
    Tupney. :sun:
  • hileena111
    HI EVERYONE
    I AM FEELING THE LOVE COMING TGHROUGH
    ITS A BIT LATE TO MENTION THIS BUT I'VE GOT TO GO AND SEE THE SURGEON THIS AFTERNOON.
    I'VE GOT AN ARTHRITIS CARE MEETING TONIGHT SO IT MIGHT BE TOMORROW BEFORE I CAN LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED.
    I WILL SEND AN UPDATE OR LET BARBARA/TONI KNOW

LOVE
    HILEENA
  • dreamdaisy
    I hope your visit to the surgeon went well and that you don't find tonight's meeting too onerous on top of that. DD
  • elnafinn
    Dear Hileena,

I too hope that the surgeon is pleased with how things are going with you re the shoulder operation. I too hope that you will feel ok to go to this AC meeting tonight. People will understand only too well if you do not get there.

You take care of yourself, Hileena.

Love
    Elna x

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Hi Hileena,

Hope your appointment went well. Sending gentle hugs (((( ))))

Deb x
  • hileena111
    HI SORRY I'M LATER THAN I PLANNED TO BE IN REPLYING ABOUT THE VISIT TO THE CONSULTANT
    HE WAS PLEASED WITH THE PROGRESS. SAID I COULD TAKE THIS CONTRAPTION :lol: OFF FOR PERIODS. PREVIOUSLY IT HAD TO STAY ON ALL THE TIME. WAS ALLOWED TO WIGGLE MY FINGERS, IN FACT HAD TO AS PART OF EXERCISES. HE SAID TAKE IT OFF, DO EXERCISES WITH IT OFF, TRY BRUSHING YOUR HAIR WITH THAT HAND BUT HE DOUBTED I WOULD MANAGE IT JUST NOW, EAT USING THAT HAND ETC, USE IT AS MUCH AS POSS. OF COURSE WHO IS A VOLUNTEER FOR ARTHRITIS CARE? TELLS EVERYONE ELSE ABOUT PACING THEMSELVES BUT ITS DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO :lol: SO WHEN I GOT HOME DID TOO MUCH WITH THAT HAND/ARM AND AM REALLY SUFFERING FOR IT NOW. OH WELL!!!!! OF COURSE I HAD MY FIRST PHYSIO TODAY. I HAD BEEN GIVEN A SHEET WHEN I LEFT HOSPITAL BUT THATS ALL SO THAT WONT HAVE HELPED ACHES AND PAINS DONT SEE HER FOR ANOTHER 2 WEEKS.
    SO A POSITIVE APPOINTMENT EVEN IF I AM SO SORE NOW :lol:
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh that's great news Hileena :)

BUT you MUST behave and not overdo it!!

Lucy is allowed her contraption off all day now and at night just if she feels the need :)

She got quite good with her left hand. She does most things right handed now and is good with her physio. Just do what you can off the list you have been given, but not too much :wink:

Take care now

Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello, I hope you have been taking things easy and not gallivanting about too much. How are things feeling now? DD
  • elnafinn
    Good morning Hileena, :)

I hope you have the sunshine where you are. So good to hear from you but sorry to hear you are sore from overdoing the exercises. We do not learn do we? At least you are now having physio and let's hope you exercise and rest the arm/shoulder in between times - a little at least.;)

I am going to start with a physio and have a date now when that will start, for my shoulder problems, as it now over three months post op and I was told to rest the shoulder/arm so that the muscle could really heal. So once again I am climbing the very steep mountain. I can empathise, Hileena. As they say onwards and upwards or something like that! ;)

Love
    Elna x

• hileena111
    HI EVERYONE
    TONI........I CANT REMEMBER WHAT LUCY DID TO HER SHOULder??
    HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO HEAL. SHE IS A BRAVE ONE THE WAY SHE JUST KEEPS GOING ON AND ON
    YES ELNA WE HAVE SUNSHINE HERE.
    MY PROBLEM IS........I DONT LIKE SITTING IN THE SUN FOR LONG...10 TO 15 MINS. I CANT GET IN OR OUT EITHER DOOR WITOUT HELP.
    BACK IS A PATIO WITH QUIT A LARGE LIP ON IT AND THE FRONT AND THE FRONT HAS A COUPLE OF STEPS. I NEED PETER TO TAKE ME IN AND OUT. MOST PEOPLE JUST HAVE TO RECOVER FROM A BROKEN SHOULDER.....ME......AT THE BEST OF TIMES I'M ON 2 CRUTCHES PERMANENTLY SO I'M UNSTEADY BECAUSE OF A SHOULDER IN A SLING, CAN ONLY USE ONE CRUTCH AND ITS THE LEFT ONE..... TYPICAL !!!!
    I cant walk up the street, NO CONFIDENCE YET.
    SORRY FOR THE MOAN. I SHOULS EVERYONE FOR D BE THANKFUL ITS NOT POURING.
    THE PHYSIO .../.SAW HER ONCE FOR HISTORY THEN ITS GOING TO BE 2 WEEKS BEFORE I SEE HER AGAIN
    THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR WISHES

THEY ARE APPTRCIATED

LOVE
    HILEENA
  • elnafinn
    Dear Hileena,

I cannot sit in the sun anymore, not for a few years, it makes me feel unwell, but it is nice to see the sun and the brightness and the warmth. I used to lie in the sun for hours years ago!

You moan and have a rant all you want. If you cannot on here then it is a shame. ;) I can totally understand your lack of confidence to go out. 100%.

It will be a slow journey. Well it is for me with my shoulder. I know you are diligent with physio. We just have to do our best. Cannot do more than that.

Love
    Elna x

• hileena111
    THANKS ELNA
    AS A TEENAGER AND EARLY 20'S [LONG TIME AGO] I COULD LIE IN THE SUN. IN FACT I LIVED IN AUSTRALIA FO A COUPLE OF YEARS [22/23/24] BUT NOT FOR A LONG TIME NOW. I END UP FEELING VERY "HEADACHEY" IF THERE IS SUCH A WORD :lol: IT'S LOVELY TO SEE THE SUN. I WAS OUT FOR COFFEE WITH PETER THIS AFTERNOON AND THEVERY FACT I WAS ON MY LEFT CRUTCH WAS MOST OF THE PROBLEM.
    WE GOT A NEW LIST OF EXERCISES LAST WEEK AND THEY HAVE GONE WALKABOUT???? THINK I'M GOING TO HAVE TO RING THE PHYSIO TOMORROW AND REMIND ME....JUST TO MAKE SURE I'M DOING THEM ALL :oops:
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • elnafinn
    Hi Hileena,

Good to hear you were out for a coffee with Peter this afternoon.
    Things do get mislaid every now and again. After you have called the physio I expect you will find that sheet of exercises. That has reminded me, I have been a little lax with my shoulder exercises today as we have been at our daughters. I had best do some now.

I am off to my annual appointment regarding my osteoporosis tomorrow. There is always something, isn't there? Keep smiling! ;)

Love
    Elna x

• hileena111
    HI
    NO DOUBT THEY WILL TURN UP AS SOON AS I RING THE PHYSIO.......THINGS LIKE THAT ALWAYS DO
    WHICH SHOULDER WAS YOUR BAD ONE AND WHICH HAND DO YO U USE
    I HAVE NEVER HAD AN OSTEOPORISIS APPOINTMENT !!!!!!!!
    HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO SLEEP? I'VE TRIED ALL WAYS ON MY BACK BUT ALWAYS END UP VERY SORE IN THE MORNING
    LOVE
    HILEENA

SORRY MEANT TO SAY GOOD LUCK FOR TODAY. LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS
  • elnafinn
    Hi Hileena,

I did not sleep well! I am left handed and had the left shoulder operated on twice. The right shoulder is going the same way. :(Putting on a coat/jacket is a bit of a nightmare. ;) Bad arm in first and then with the not so good arm battling to get the coat/jacket on!

I asked for an OP referral. Cheeky aren't I? I was taken off OP medication and I was not happy with this so asked GP for a referral. As the med I am on is probably going to be withdrawn this year I am extra happy to have a chat with Dr. A today at my appointment.

Elna x

• dreamdaisy
    Hello, how's things? I hope you have had a chance to sit outside to soak up the beneficial rays whilst they are around. DD
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Hileena, I've been keeping up with your progress but not had chance to post before now - apologies.

It's good to know you are making slow, steady progress. I'm sure it's very frustrating, but at times I think all of us on here probably have to remind ourselves of the tale of the Tortoise and the Hare!

Be kind to yourself and take care.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • hileena111
    HI DD,
    NO RAYS HERE TODAY......BUT YESTERDAY WAS NICE AND THE DAY BEFORE. ACCORDING TO THE FORCAST THE REST OF THE WEEK IN THE NORTH IS SUPPOSED TO BE COLDER. I DID TAKE THE CHANCE TO SIT OUT ALKTHOUTH I HAVE STEPS AT THE PATIO ANDSTEPS AT THE FRONT SO NEED TOMAKE SURE PETER IS ABOUT TO HELP ME
    HI ELNA
    TYPICAL ISNT IT THAT IT WOULD BE YOUR LEFT SHOULDER. I DISCOVERED HOW HARD IT IS TO PUT A JACKET ON ALTHOUGH THANK GOODNESS HAVENT REALLY NEEDED ONE. CANT PUT A T SHIRT ON OR A TOP LIKE THAT, HAS TO BE A BLOUSE BUTTENED DOWN THE FRONT. IT DIDNT TAKE ME LONG TO FIND OUT WHICH ARM TO PUT IN FIRST OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!
    WELL YOU AREN'T CHEEKY.....SHY BAIRNS GET NO SWEETS
    HOPE YOUR APPOINTMENT WENT WELL TODAY
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • hileena111
    HI GRACE
    NO NEED TO APOLOGISE.....LIFE DOES GET IN THE WAY.LOL
    YOU ARE SO RIGHT AROUT THE HARE AND THE TORTOISE

LOVE

HILEENA