Off to the Sun!!

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 15. Apr 2017, 14:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Guys, Just wanted to drop by before I go to Egypt, I've been resting up and trying to get my mojo back before I go. My wonderful OH took me Bed shopping to see if it might be the bed causing some of my tiredness and after feeling like Goldilocks I found a bed that felt great and it was a firm Orthopaedic bed so he brought me my own new double bed!! And I have slept through the night since getting it!!
Well I'm off to the sun next week! And wanted to wish you all a happy Easter and don't eat to many Easter eggs! See you all in a couple weeks. :sun:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You're just going and I'm just back :D

I hope you have as good a time as I did though not, I guess, as much baseball :wink:

I can't remember whether or not you're on meth but, if so, remember to keep out of that sun.

And enjoy it all.

(Great news about the bed. They are so important.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Have an amazing time, and enjoy some warmth.....but I echo SW's sunscreen thoughts. I'll be flying out to Gran Canaria a week on Monday with m y daughter and am really hoping some sunshine will help the joints.

Welcome back SW.

Deb xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi Thanks guys! Not on Meth yet no, Doc suggested I try meds that help with my Fibro 1st and see if that makes any difference. He is a little unsure on trying me on Meth at the moment. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my Anaemia.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Have a wondeful time but be preparedfor the heat! I went on a Nile cruise about 10 years ago at Easter (and an early Easter) and it was amazing how hot it was already. My daughter and I were very careful to follow all the advice about eating and drinking safely and while it was a nuisance at times well worth it as we had no stomach problems. As well as sun cream a hat/scarf to cover up with are useful and always carry a bottle of water.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich