Life Insurance

alyssanadine2
alyssanadine2 Member Posts: 16
edited 28. Apr 2017, 09:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Any tips on who to use for life insurance?

I am 27 and have juvenile arthritis in my knee and possibly also in my elbow. I've just bought my first flat but need to get life insurance but as always it's not as easy with a pre-existing medical condition!

Has anyone got any suggestions who to use for the best but not crazy price insurance? I used a suggestion from someone a few years ago for travel insurance.

I have recently gone back on to Sulfasalazine and am waiting for it to kick in... 7 weeks in and it's very slowly improving slightly but my knee is still very large.

Any help is much appreciated! :)

Comments

• MissKat
    MissKat Member Posts: 124
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi, when we bought our first flat we were given suggestions for life insurance brokers by the bank? It's worth using a broker as they will find you the best deal. Mine is with Prudential as they offered the best for me at that time... my husband is with someone different (can't remember who!).

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi I took out life insurance in 2012. I have to pay a higher premium than I would if I didn't have my medical history - something like two thirds more. Its a pain but at least they accepted me.

I didn't do a lot of research before hand so don't know if they would be the cheapest but their pay out record is okay.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein