POSSIBLY ANOTHER OPERATION????

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 23. Apr 2017, 15:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
A FEW DAYS AGO I SUMBLED, SAVED MY OPERATED SHOULDER, AS FAR AS IWAS CONCERNED MY BOTTOM TOOK MOST OF THE FALL.
I WAS AT THE HOSPITAL YESTERDAY, HAD A FEW X RAYS, BLOOD TESTS, TALKED TO AN ORTHO DOC WAS SENT HOME, TOLD THAT IT HADNT AFFECTED ME AT ALL. 3 HOURS LATER I GOT A TELEPHONE CALL AT HOME SAYING I MIGHT NEED ANOTHER OP :shock: THEY WOULD RING ME ABOUT 8AM TODAY AND LET ME KNOW
I'M SITTING HERE FEELING VERY STUPID AND VERY SCARED WAITING FOR A CALL
LOVE
HILEENA

PS STARVING.......HAVING FASTED FROM LAST NIGHT JUST INCASE

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Hileena, what can I say. So sorry to hear of this latest setback, and I do hope you won't need another op.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh no, I hope not. I am so sorry you stumbled, the levels of concentration we need sometimes to get from A to B is ridiculous. :roll: I hope they ring as scheduled and please let us know what's on the cards. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    QUICK NOTE JUST HAD A CALL..GOT TO GO IN FOR AN OP
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hileena I am very sorry to hear your news!

I wish you they very best of luck from myself and the moderation team.

Ellen
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I am sorry, what tough luck. Have they had the decency to hint what op is needed on what and when? ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm sorry to hear this. Any idea what or when?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hileena you are getting everything thrown at you..I hope all goes well and the op is not to big...I know you wasn't sure what they would do..xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Oh dear lovely lady, one thing after another. Hope the surgery is very soon and very successful. xxx
  • hileena111
    HI
    QUICK MESSAGE.....I FEEL GROTTY.....I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FROM 9.30 UNTIL 3.20...NOTHING DONE!!!!!!!!
    I HAVE TO GO BACK EITHER THURS OR IF NOT DEF. TUES FOR A TOTAL SHOULDER REPLACEMENT
    IF I REMEMBER MUCH MORE I'LL ADD TO THIS BUT HAD NOTHING TO EAT FROM YESTERDAY UNTIL 3.00.....TEA AND BISCUITS, I TRIED THOSE AND FELT REALLY SICK SO I'M ALL MIXED UP....FOOD AND TABLETS
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Hileena, I'm so sorry to read this. You really don't need this do you? And just when you'd been starting to get over your previous tumble.

I hope that the shoulder replacement does the trick for you. Please keep us as up to date as you can.

Take care of yourself.
    Grace
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh Hileena!

I am so sorry you have been so mucked about. Honestly this should have been done first go. All bad bits gone and new bits in their place :roll:

All love form us here in this house especially myself and Lucy ((()))

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIESYUCY IS LUCK
    I'M STILL VERY SORE TONIGHT.....I SUPPOSE SITTING AROUND IN 1 CHAIR FOR HOURS AND THEN ON A TROLLY WITH MY ELBOW DIGGING INTO IT FOR QUITE A WHILE
    LUCY IS LUCKY [IF YOU CAN CALL A REPLACEMENT LUCKY] BUT HER AGE COMPARED TO MINE ARE SO DIFFERENT
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Sorry to hear about your tumble and now needing another op. All the starving yourself and sitting around in the hospital can't have done you any good. Hope it's not long till you have your op and you're on the way to recovery.
    Christine
  • hileena111
    MORNING
    WELL NEARLY THE BIONIC WOMAN :lol:
    2 HIP REPLACEMENTS, 1 KNEE REPLACEMENT, 1 SHOULDER REPLACEMENT COMING UP AND ABOUT 7 YEARS AGO A CAR KNOCKED ME DOWN AND SMASHED MY ANKLE.......STILL GOT THE PINS, PLATE AND SCREWS IN THE ANKLE.
    IT INVOLVED ANOTHER OP TO TAKE THEM OUT....WELL THEY WERN'T BOTHERING ME SO DIDNT BOTHER THEM :lol:
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    So sorry to read this, you really don't deserve it. All I can say is that I hope it is a success and the recovery goes well.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    I'm sorry you had such a long wait without food, Hileena. It's not good, is it? I was in a similar position for my last colonoscopy – starving from the previous evening and then a fire alarm which meant all procedures had to wait until the all-clear. But we both survived :D I see that, like me, a cuppa is your first port of call :D:D

I hope you're feeling a bit better today and that the op goes ahead asap and with no hitches and no further stumbles or falls.

Much as I feel for you I have to agree that you're quite right in what you say about comparison with Lucy. We can expect these things as we get older but a teenager needing a new shoulder and hip because of the damage done by the chemo that saved her life :shock: – well, that young lady really is an amazing survivor, isn't she, and shows us all the way to deal with things. I hope your op and physio will go as well as hers.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Much as I feel for you I have to agree that you're quite right in what you say about comparison with Lucy. We can expect these things as we get older but a teenager needing a new shoulder and hip because of the damage done by the chemo that saved her life :shock: – well, that young lady really is an amazing survivor, isn't she, and shows us all the way to deal with things. I hope your op and physio will go as well as hers.

I couldn't agree more, SW. Still, my heart goes out to you, Hileena. You've certainly had more than your fair share of operations. Sending you my best wishes.
  • hileena111
    HI
    I'VE GOT A DEF DATE FOR THE REPLACEMENT
    NEXT TUESDAY SO CAN I ASK FOR POCKET DUTIES PLEASE
    THEY SAY I'LL JUST BE IN OVERNIGHT BUT THE WAY THINGS HAVE BEEN GOING I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN IT HAPPENS :roll:

LOVE
    HILEENA
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Will be there with you in every possible way x
  • stickywicket
    I'll be there too. Overnight sounds good. I do hope that's how it pans out and you can soon be back in your own bed.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Dear Hileena,

I shall be thinking even more about you, next Tuesday onwards. Although it is great to get home, depending on when you actually have the operation, you may well stay in longer. I take it you will be having the operation under GA, supplemented by a regional nerve blockade. I do not think you will be able to leave until this has worn off which can take a goodly time. I hate that part, when your whole arm/hand is totally numb. Only good thing about it is there is no pain. Take all the pain meds offered in the hours after surgery is my suggestion, so you are topped up for when the numbness wears off completely.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    HI
    YES LUCY IS FANTASTIC.......SO IS TONI COME TO THAT.ALL THAT LITTLE ONE HAS BEEN THROUGH :) SHES NOT LITTLE :lol: ITS A GOOD FEW YEARS SINCE I MET HER AND SHE WASN'T LITTLE THEN :wink: SO I SHOULD SAY YOUNG LADY IS FANTASTIC.
    ELNA........I'VE NO IDEA ABOUT THE ANAESTHETIC......YOU WILL KNOW MORE THAN ME ABOUT THAT. I'VE ALWAYS HAD SPINAL BLOCKS BEFORE, HIPS, KNEE ETC BUT THAT WONT HELP IN THIS CASE. :lol:
    I'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND FIND OUT
    HILEENA
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hileena Lucy had the nerve block that Hileena mentioned it meant her arm was totally numb and didn't hurt post-op for about 12 hours.

I think they should have given you it for the previous op :?

Thank you Lucy is now 19 and doing so well. Holds her arm over 180 degrees in front and to the side already. She needs to as her op will need to be repeated over and over.

We will be in your pocket definitely ((()))

Love

Toni xx
  • hileena111
    HI TONI
    THANKS FOR THE UPDATE ON LUCY
    SEND HER MY LOVE......THAT IS SO SAD THAT SHE WILL HAVE TO HAVE LOTS OF OPS

GOING FOR A DEXA SCAN THIS MORNING
    THJIUS WAS ORGANISED BEFORE THE FALL

LOVE
    HILEENA
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Hi Hileena,
    Just popping in to wish you well for the op, I'll be on holiday in Gran Canaria so out of contact from Sunday. Hope all goes well.

Deb xx