So not an IT geek

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 22. Apr 2017, 22:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
I wanted to download photos from my camera to my laptop sounds easy...

I couldn't work out how to connect my camera to the laptop with wifi and the so called "help" :?: instructions just sent me round in circles so...
I decided I would just take out the SD card and download from that so I put it in and...
Nothing happened and the computer told me the card was empty... :oops:
So after a few rude words I put thecard back in my camera to download to my tablet and then transfer to my pc and... :|
For some reason it would only let me do it one by one and about halfway through downloading just under 200 photos, the camera battery went flat.
Took it out and recharged it......a few hours later it was charged, I put it in the camera but couldn't close the case and realised I had put the battery in upside down.

LIGHT DAWNS

I take the card out, put it back in the PC and hey presto it worked.

I had put it in upside down before! :lol:
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    had a real giggle there as I have done similar too what are we like ha ha :lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Slosh
    Options
    Glad it made you laugh!

It's just typical of me and IT!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh slosh :lol: ..good on you for not giving up..that is my motto.. :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    Nice one! I've used a multicard reader (a few squid at 7dayshop) for many years, occasionally the computer won't recognise the card, its usually because a setting has changed without you realising, a restart or hard reboot (vernacular for power off, power on) cures it. The icon doesn't always show up on the screen very quickly.

The transfer rate using the card reader is many times faster and will circumvent the neccesity of branded software that often gets sent out with cameras ( the computer recognises the image or saved data rather than the branded data) and of course we use many types of cards these days, my reader copes with dozens of types. Even my car uses an sd or flash drive card for the music playing.

Hope this helps.
    :bee:
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thanks but as long as I remember to put the card in the right way up it's fine!
    Julian of Norwich
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    😂😂😂😂😂