Sausage Finger - Recovery?

DewdBro
DewdBro Member Posts: 15
edited 22. Apr 2017, 05:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Has anyone been able to recover from an inflamed "sausage finger" with Humira?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I inject meth together with humira but despite the 'belt and braces' of the drugs my PsA can become active for a short while. The inflammation indicates that your disease is going through this type of phase but that will ease. It is hard to rest fingers :wink: but if yours is warm or hot to the touch icing it may help to reduce the swelling. Do you also have an anti-inflammatory medication? I have some diclofenac in stock which I take if my swelling (usually my toes) doesn't reduce within a few days. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I've not had humira but my experience has always been that, once a flare has been got under control, the swelling reduces and the joint(s) can look 'normal'. Eventually, if the disease is left unchecked, the damage done at each flare results in deformity but you rarely see much of that now because the meds prevent it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • DewdBro
    DewdBro Member Posts: 15
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I inject meth together with humira but despite the 'belt and braces' of the drugs my PsA can become active for a short while. The inflammation indicates that your disease is going through this type of phase but that will ease. It is hard to rest fingers :wink: but if yours is warm or hot to the touch icing it may help to reduce the swelling. Do you also have an anti-inflammatory medication? I have some diclofenac in stock which I take if my swelling (usually my toes) doesn't reduce within a few days. DD

No meds at this time. Re-starting Humira this evening...hopefully it won't take long to kick in and will improve matters.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I hope you soon feel an improvement. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben