Got a 2nd date...when do you mention arthitis

Options
dalek
dalek Member Posts: 32
edited 23. Apr 2017, 15:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
So got a 2nd date with a guy which is a shock in itself. Our first date we met in a pub for a drink so don't think he noticed me walking funny.

My condition means i cant run and max 0.5 mile continuous walk. And the usual stuff, tired, tramadol for breakfast etc

So which option do you think..

A) tell him on 2nd date
B) 3rd, 4th or 5th date etc
C) wait until it becomes an unavoidable issue, e.g he suggests going for a walk that is more than 100 yards

Please no replies like " he should like you for your personality"... Let's be practical

I am a 45 yr old female Dalek if that makes any difference.

Sent from my Signature Touch using Tapatalk

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :? I'm confused. Isn't the latter the most practical choice suggestion?

Your friend is a person not a character in a novel. Times and dates and how quickly or slowly relationships develop can't be manipulated so readily. Surely one just waits until he asks a pertinent question (Have you hurt your leg? Would you like to go for a walk?) and then just tell him as much or as little as he seems to want to know, aiming for under-informing him rather than over-informing? He can ask more questions if he's interested. Who knows? He might not have a squeaky clean bill of health himself.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dalek
    dalek Member Posts: 32
    Options
    :? I'm confused. Isn't the latter the most practical choice suggestion?

Your friend is a person not a character in a novel. Times and dates and how quickly or slowly relationships develop can't be manipulated so readily. Surely one just waits until he asks a pertinent question (Have you hurt your leg? Would you like to go for a walk?) and then just tell him as much or as little as he seems to want to know, aiming for under-informing him rather than over-informing? He can ask more questions if he's interested. Who knows? He might not have a squeaky clean bill of health himself.
    You probably have a good point, thank you

Sent from my Signature Touch using Tapatalk
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Hi, I agree with Sticky for what it's worth. Share what you need to on an "as and when needed basis". He may have already noticed and dismissed your walking issues.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!