Pre-payment Prescription Certificate

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 25. Apr 2017, 05:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
For those who are new on here, and may be facing increased prescription costs as more medications are added to your list, you may find the PPC of interest: mine is up for renewal at the end of this month. I pay ten monthly installments of £10.40 and that saves me a great deal of money - if I need to order everything in one go that is eight items which is close on £80 so for me it's worth it. It can be done three monthly or annually, I find the annual one the easiest option.

Details are available online under 'Help with Prescription Costs (information would be a better title) and at your local pharmacy. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Great advice DD, I buy the annual one too and it saves me a small fortune as my prescription now runs to 14 items :? oh the joys of living with more than one chronic condition!

Deb
  • MrDJ
    MrDJ Member Posts: 273
    certainly been a great help for me.
    average 11 items at a time.

for anyone needing the link http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/1127.aspx

3 months £29.10
    1 year £104 (can be split over 10 months by DD)
    most prob will go up in April.
  • dreamdaisy
    I saw on the news earlier this week that script charges are rising by 20p to cover the fact that the PPC charges are remaining at their current level - every little helps. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Thanyou for posting this DD I am sure it will helps lots of people..I am so glad I am retired and don't have to pay..
    Love
    Barbara
  • MissKat
    MissKat Member Posts: 124
    [emoji1360] I used to use this service, it's a great idea. Currently making the most of my maternity exemption certificate whilst I can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • dreamdaisy
    Today I received my new pre-payment card - TBH I had forgotten all about it as I am never asked to show it. :? It's safely in my purse, now Mr DD (on my advice) is reluctantly investigating the savings it offers as he needs regular BP and stomach meds plus the occasional naproxen when his gout awakes. Reluctance to spend on meds - what a luxury that is, yes? :wink: DD
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    It really is worth looking into this, on the website there is guidance as to whether you will save money with a card.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich