Strep throat link?

Options
imogen113
imogen113 Member Posts: 3
Hello, I have recently developed very strong symptoms of arthritis, it runs in my family etc. It has all kind of got a lot worse in the last few weeks, after months of still legs, now I have multiple pains, my knee is very painful and keeps giving way etc etc. I now think I have strep throat, is it possible to get strep throat after or at the time arthritis starts? I cant get tests done yet. Thanks so much for your help. Im

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums, imogen113, from the moderation team.

I am very sorry to hear you have developed signs of arthritis in multiple joints as well as having a family history of it. I hope you will be seeing your GP soon for diagnosis, you say you can’t have tests yet so in the meantime here is a link to the Arthritis Care information on diagnosis which might help you:

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/do-i-have-arthritis/diagnosis

Regarding your mention of your throat, take a look at the 2nd page of this thread:

https://arthritiscareforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18059&hilit=strep+throat&start=15

As moderators we are here to help with any problems you may have using the message boards so feel free to send us a message if you need to.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Ellen
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,493
    Options
    Hi Imogen 113,

Welcome to the forum from the Helplines team.

I see Ellen has given a very helpful response to your enquiry. The only things I can add are to say that the Helplines team is here (via this forum, email or phone) to give more information once you have a diagnosis. In the meantime, we could be glad to offer support and a listening ear if you wanted to talk things over.

Best wishes,

Rachael, Helplines Worker
  • imogen113
    imogen113 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Imogen 113,

Welcome to the forum from the Helplines team.

I see Ellen has given a very helpful response to your enquiry. The only things I can add are to say that the Helplines team is here (via this forum, email or phone) to give more information once you have a diagnosis. In the meantime, we could be glad to offer support and a listening ear if you wanted to talk things over.

Best wishes,

Rachael, Helplines Worker

Thankyou both very much 😊