Trapeziectomy of right thumb

Options
AudreyJane
AudreyJane Member Posts: 6
edited 26. Apr 2017, 06:06 in Say Hello Archive
I had a trapeziectomy 3 months ago and although I am keeping up my physio I am still in a lot of pain and can carry no weight in my right hand. How long does it take to see improvement?
From AudreyJane

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello again AudreyJane I have just welcomed you to the forum on your other thread :)

I added a couple of links to threads discussing the surgery you mention. Hopefully you will find them useful.

What I will say is that 12 weeks is probably still fairly early days after surgery and we do all heal at different rates. We very often have members feeling that they aren't progressing as fast as they had hoped.

I hope you get some reassurance when others who have had the same operation come along with their experience.

Best wishes

Ellen
  • AudreyJane
    AudreyJane Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Many thanks Ellen
    I am new to this and not sure how I find the links that you have posted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi AudreyJane - you are doing very well for a newbie :)

Go to your other thread where you said hello underneath this one. My links are highlighted in blue all you do is click on them.

I hope they help :)

Best wishes

Ellen
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hello AudreyJane and welcome from me, too. I've not had a trapeziectomy but, from my time on here, I'd say many of the threads about them are from people thinking things should be better sooner.

If you follow the links given you can probably see for yourself but it is a bit confusing at first, isn't it? Just click on the link and then click on any post you want to expand.

Will you be seeing your physio again?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright