Feeling shocked but proud

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 1. May 2017, 08:46 in Community Chit-chat archive
Some of you may recognise the name Theo Paphitis as he used to be one of the tv "dragons". As well as everything else he now runs something called Small Business Sunday, which is a twitter based competition for small businesses. As some of you may remember I have a (very) small jewellery business, I entered last Sunday and yesterday heard that I am one of this week's 6 winners!

I took up and developed my new craft after developing OA and being told I had to give up patchwork and quilting. It's not always easy, and I am limited in how much I can do at a time but it has helped me in so many ways, as a form of therapy, of helping me see there is life after diagnosis, still new things to try and also in meeting new people and making new

I am starting to think about early retirement on health grounds, and this makes it far more possible.

I know I am incredibly lucky to find something new like this, but things like this SBS win mean so much more to me because of what I have gone through and will continue to go through.

Sorry for boasting.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh well done you. External validation like that is such a boost to the spirits, and is very encouraging given your present circumstances.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Well done Slosh. X
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You have every reason to be very proud indeed, Slosh. And that comes very sincerely from someone who, only last night, was grumping to Mr SW that these days people seem to feel proud of themselves when they haven't really achieved much at all.

You have. You've coped with so much of your life changing for the worse at regular intervals since you joined us but your determination to not let the disease win has stood you in good stead and is now bringing a very just reward.

I've no idea what will happen next but anything that supports a new, small business has to be good.

Forget about the shock but keep feeling pride in yourself. You are an example to us all.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Slosh you must be very proud of yourself..its brilliant that you have found something to take your mind of things and make money in the process good for you.. :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Sticky, I don't know what to say but thank you, your words mean a lot.

Thanks to you as well Barbara
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    These small businesses are a bit of an addiction and become your life, working 8 days a week to run a two or three day business. Enjoy it.
  • Slosh
    I do, but I have no plans to let it take over my life. The bottom line I couldn't do that physically even if I wanted to.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    That is terrific news, well done Slosh. :D There's no doubt you deserve (and have certainly earned) the recognition! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Thank you DD. It does help me with making my other big decision in terms of work.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    I decided that my business was too onerous, I couldn't work for a full day so I stopped trading while it didn't owe me anything, shame but the decision needed to be made.
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    That's not a boast, lovely Slosh, you're far too humble for that. You're amazing and a good poster person for the fact that life goes on whilst living with arthritis. That's a great achievement. I'm in awe of arty people, let alone doing it with all you've been though. Do keep us updated please. Sophie x
  • Slosh
    To recieve a message like that from you, when you have such a lot going on and some big decisions to make means a lot.

Thank you.
    Julian of Norwich