Hello

Christine85
Christine85 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Apr 2017, 11:49 in Say Hello Archive
Hi All

Thought I would pop on to say Hi!

Had RA for 12 years now, today I have been told I may get put on Biological Drugs (Etanercept or Certolizumab pegol), I'm a bit nervous about it and had a small wobble, but trying to be positive.
Just need to do a bit of research!

C x

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi and welcome to the forums,the members on here are very knolagable and will help,you might want to check out https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/living-with-arthritis
    it may help,but welcome
    Al
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I have had experience of three biologics since 2005, one via infusion (infliximab) and two via injections, Enbrel and humira. My current regime is fortnightly humira supported by weekly injected methotrexate.

I can't claim a huge amount of success because I also have OA and they do not affect that. For others on here the extra 'punch' of the meds gives them a better quality of life, so good in fact they don't post :wink: I hope this happens for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi there, Christine :D

I'm an old hand at arthritis but I'd wobble too :lol: It's always scary embarking on new meds. Having said that, I'm only on methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine. I've never done the biologics but I know I'd wobble f they were suggested despite knowing how they've helped lots of people on here.

Here is some info on meds in general https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/treatments-aids-and-equipment/medication-for-your-arthritis

If you'd wish, you can put the meds' names in the Arthritis Care search engine (above) and former threads will come up. I'd try under both names ie 'etanercept' and 'enbrel' and 'certolizumab' and 'cimzia'. Or, just ask on the Living With Arthritis forum.

(Arthritis Research UK probably have some good info too. They're very reliable.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Christine85
    Christine85 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for the tips, I will see what I can find. Nice to hear that people have had success with them.
    Gives me hope!
    I wish I had gone on forums years ago, it's nice not to feel alone in the journey.

Cx