HILEENAS OP IS TOMORROW

barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
edited 6. May 2017, 16:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hileena has ask me to let you know , she is having the op tomorrow ..ie a new shoulder...I know she has had a few ops now , but this is really worrying her ..she has to fast tonight and is praying she is first on the list...I really do wish her a good recovery...
Love
Barbara

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    First of all thank you Barbara for putting up a posting.

Dear Hileena,

I can well understand how you are feeling tonight. You only had a shoulder repair done a few weeks ago and now going again under the knife for a TSR. You have been through so much lately. Let's hope that you are first on the list. It will be better for you once you are actually settled in at the hospital and seen the consultant and anaesthetist. I know what it is like to have a couple of ops a year. It feels like a constant battle weighing up trying to prevent yourself from falling, having quality of life and also that constant battle with physio. It really is a roller coaster at times.

Bless you, Hileena, you are one of the forum's stars. It will be over by tomorrow evening. Keep the pain meds topped up. That is my advice.

Lots of love and gentle hugs, I will be thinking of you so much,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    You are bound to feel nervous and worried. Just think, it will be all over by tomorrow night. Hopefully, you'll be first on the list. Hope your recovery is quick.
    Christine
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Hope all goes as it should, will be thinking of you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hello Hileena

Best of luck for your operation from the moderation team. We will all be with you and hoping for a speedy recovery this time.

Thinking of you.

Ellen
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Will be thinking of you tomorrow, hoping it goes well
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I hope it's gone well. I send my best wishes for a speedy and permanent recovery.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    Hello everyone and a big thankyou form Hileena
    I have just heard form her OH, she got back from surgery around 3..not sure what time she went down..they got her out of bed later and her blood pressure dropped, so back into bed for her ..and he said they are giving her a couple of pints of blood..so that part is over with for her, now for the recovery..she is such a trouper I am sure she will get there ..
    Sorry brain fog..they think she might need blood..
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Good. I'm glad it's over for her.

I've done the drop in BP too, post-op. I hope the transfusion helped.

Just rest and recoup now then?
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Thinking of you, Hileena. Hope you're recovering well and being looked after. Take it easy and know we're all thinking of you and wishing you well.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I hope it went well and that she is doing OK. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Same here
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • elnafinn
    Thank you Barbara for letting us know about Hileena.

So it is done now. She may well stay in hospital at least another night. If so, perhaps it is for the best so that she does not go gadding about, to a coffee shop for instance. ;) She will be looked after in hospital and will not be able to escape until they say so. ;)

So it will be rest, getting used to wearing a sling, yet again, recuperation and then physio.

Send her my love please, Barbara, if you speak/are in touch with her. So relieved it is over for her, that part anyway.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Thank you for the update Barbara,
    please send on our best wishes for a speedy recovery from the moderator team
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • barbara12
    Morning all and thankyou again..I have passed on your best wishes to Hileena..
    Another update from her lovely OH..
    Hilleena was much better yesterday after having a transfusion, it seems to be the norm for her after ops..and she has had many..bless..he doesn't know when she will be home has yet ...just has long has they are looking after her..
    Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    Just to let you know, Hileena is home..very sore very tired but home bless her..and will be in her own bed tonight..I am so pleased for her ..now the hard work through the pain , but she will get there ..don't you just know it..
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Thanks for the update Barbara. Please give Hileena my best and say I hope she doesn't have any more challenges for a while yet.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Slosh
    Sure she'll sleep better and relax more in her own bed. Now the hard work starts.
    Julian of Norwich
  • elnafinn
    Wow, home so soon. I was in three nights but had the op late on the first day. I bet she is tired and sore. I remember how it was for me with the TSR in 2015. Bless her.

Love
    Elna x

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    There's nothing like your own bed but I suspect she having to sleep sitting up :( and that isn't easy. I am very pleased she is home, as we all know one's own surroundings are an essential aid to recovery. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    HI EVERYONE
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR MESSAGES.
    DIDNT SLEEP WELL LAST NIGHT AT ALL.
    WOKE UP VERY VERY HOT COULDNT GET COOLED DOWN FOR AGES.
    I'M STILL VERY WEAK AND SHAKEY SO IT MAY BE BARBARA PUTTING MESSAGES IN. BUT THOUGHT I WOULD SHOW MY FACE BUT WONT BE ONLINE MUCH.
    THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE.
    DONT WORRY ELNA I WONT BE DIVING OUT FOR COFFEE :lol:
    DONT FEEL UP TO IT........YET
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • elnafinn
    Dear Hileena,

No, I do not think you will be diving or creeping out for a coffee for a little while. As I said I was in hospital three nights as against your one night. I can well understand you are sore and tired. You have to remember that you also had an operation not long ago so your shoulder and your whole being has gone through an awful lot in the past few weeks. Be kind to yourself. Try to let things go (difficult I know because we appear to be alike in many ways). I did not sleep well either for a while post op but dosed in the day.

It will get better, Hileena. I promise.

Lots of love
    Elna x

• hileena111
    HI ELNA
    THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT. I HAD THE OP ON TUES AND WAS IN HOSPITAL THAT NIGHT, THEN ALLDAY AND NIGHT WED THEN OUT THUR AFTTERNOON.
    I THOUGHT I WAS WEAK BECAUSE OF THE PINS AND PLATE OP AS WELL AS THE TRS. THEN SARAH [DAUGHTER] REMINDED ME YOU'VE HAD 3 OPS NOT 2, YOU HADNT RECOVERED FROM YOUR KNEE REPLACEMENT WHEN YOU HAD THE SHOULDER :lol: NO POINT IN DOING THINGS BY HALF!!!!!!!!
    SPEAK LATER
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • elnafinn
    Goodness, Hileena,

I had semi forgotten your TKR as well. So many operations in such a short period of time. You must look after yourself, your body has taken a right bashing lately, through no fault of your own. It is an accident if we stumble or fall - we do not do it on purpose! ;) Let others spoil you. You certainly deserve it. :)

I have my daughter, partner and little Emily over for 4 days so I shall be shattered but it will be lovely. Today my son and family are joining us too and we are going on a local treasure trail together after lunch. Should be fun!

Love
    Elna x

• stickywicket
    I hope today / tonight are better and that the line of progress, even if it's only a slight incline, will be sure and steady.

(You were 'hot in bed' :o Oh Hileena! Put me down for that op, please :wink: )
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    HI STICKY
    THERE SEEMS TO BE NO PROGRESS....WELL THE PAIN SEEMS JUST AS BAD :roll:
    THE WAY I FELT IN BED YOU ARE WELCOME TO THAT FEELING :lol:
    LOVE
    HILEENA