Hello - recent diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis

pnfletc
pnfletc Member Posts: 2
edited 30. Apr 2017, 11:59 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone , I was diagnosed in November last year currently on methotrexate and just had a steroid injection ... my marriage has broken down and generally finding it hard to cope x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi pnfletc,

Welcome to the forum on behalf of the moderators. A diagnosis of any type of arthritis is not easy to tackle at any time so you've come to the right place to get your head round the diagnosis and what it means for you. We all have some sort of arthritis or care alongside someone who has arthritis.

It can be hard to explain to others, and you can look well - when I'm feeling worse I get a lovely rosy glow in my cheeks!

Just a couple of basic booklets for you now, but do look on our arthritiscare.org website for lots more info and advice.

This booklet on living with rheumatoid arthritis. I know you have PsA but the arthritis bits are just the same. https://tinyurl.com/lr7felm

A link to our website - the common emotions section https://tinyurl.com/mejdv4o

Post in Living with arthritis for any chats about arthritis related bits and Chit chat for light relief, the other boards explain themselves. Looking forward to meeting you again soon

Yvonne x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I too have PsA, mine began the year we married (1997) and he's witnessed everything that has happened since but knows and understands there's more to me than the disease.

The diagnosis of arthritis also affects those around us such as our immediate family, friends and employers but it is us who faces the greatest impact and adjustment. I have had over twenty years to adjust but its impact can still be felt - literally. :wink: Meds-wise you name it I've probably tried it but currently am maintained on a regime of weekly injected meth and fortnightly humira. For pain relief I take 30/500 cocodamol, that's enough to help me through.

I hope you find some comfort and encouragement in talking to 'those in the know', I think it true enough that we have all faced some hard and harsh challenges that the disease (in all its varieties) brings in its wake. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben