Bank holiday boredom !

Options
Fiona88
Fiona88 Member Posts: 8
edited 2. May 2017, 10:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
What's everyone up to ? I'm bored and have been scouring Amazon for a DVD suitable for arthritis sufferers , I was thinking something seated initially . I have an inflammatory auto immune condition which has led to osteoarthritis in my spine and joint issues . Have recently managed to lose 3 stone with weightwatchers so would like to do some thing exercise wise lol at home

Fiona

Comments

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The boring thing about Bank Holidays is that the world and his wife get in their cars and choke up the roads, we travel locally or stay in the garden.

Most of the dvds seem to be American and or rubbish.

Right pubs must be open by now........might even find a pastie!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    We have lovely Bank Holiday weather here in my neck of the woods: a cold, strong wind and horizontal rain - my maypole stands forlorn, its ribbons all tangled up. :wink:

Since my retirement BHs are nothing special so it's more of the same, laundry, cleaning and cooking. Many congratulations on the weight loss, that's some achievement! A quiet afternoon with my knitting needles beckons . . . . DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    And perhaps spare a thought for those for whom BHs are not holidays.Not just the obvious such as the emergency services, but those working in retail, leisure and hospitality, where a BH is a commercial opportunity and pressure may be exerted to get staff to work......
    Something which I suspect Mr Corbyn in one of his election promises may have overlooked.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I bought this about 10 years ago specifically because it has a workout one can do from a chair - Rosemary Conley - Ultimate Whole Body Workout [DVD]. Having learned the exercises I then stopped using the DVD and just did the exercises as it was quicker. I now do many of them from my Ijoy Ride exercise horse as more balance is required. I'd certainly recommend the DVD.

My Bank Holiday was much the same as any Sat / Sun / Mon only busier as our grandson's cricket classes have resumed. It would have helped if the kettle hadn't conked and the only big electrical store around wasn't closed for refurbishment but the supermarket came up trumps.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright