Bad day!

suzyq42
suzyq42 Member Posts: 3
edited 22. May 2017, 03:38 in Say Hello Archive
I've suffered with osteoarthritis for years and had countless key hole surgeries. Being reviewed for possible negative factor rheumatoid arthritis as well now. I'm 46 and feeling fed up to say the least with the pain and swelling just wish I could get some answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Suzyq Welcome to the forum so sorry you are suffering at the moment, I too suffer from OA and can understand your disappointment at not finding the answers to your problems.
    The people on the forums are very friendly and understanding and sympathetic and also suffer as you do,so just visit a forum and chat away,our most popular forums are LWA and Chit chat so just choose one and I am sure you will get answers to help you.
    All the best Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello and welcome from me, too.

Yes, it can sometimes just get a bit too much, can't it? Have the operations helped at all?

I have RA which has led to OA but, regardless of which type of arthritis they have, everyone on here understands the pain and frustration that it brings so please feel free to chat to us anytime.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • suzyq42
    suzyq42 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you sticky... not sure they have helped to be honest! I get told I need a total knee rep but I'm too young, so stuck in no mans land. I'm sorry for my 'feeling sorry for myself ' moment. Wish I had a local support group but no luck. Do you mind me asking how long you have had it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    No need at all to apologise. We all get the bad days. It's part and parcel of the whole thing. And this is a good place to come when we do.

I'm sorry nothing has helped. I was lucky enough to get two new knees when I was 35 but I'd had RA for 20 years by then. I've now had it for 56 years and don't mind you asking at all.

When will you be told if they think you have an inflammatory form of arthritis? Soon, I hope, though answers can be hard to determine.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have OA as a result of my sero-negative auto-immune inflammatory arthritis (in my case psoriatic). Six years ago I was refused new knees aged 52 due to youth and weight but I am now restarting the whole process as I too am reaching the end of my tether. My troubles began in 1997, I began medication for the PsA in 2002 and OA was diagnosed in 2011. I began with one affected joint, now it's around forty: some have one, some the other and some both so life is a bowl of magnificently mouldy cherries :wink:

I have not had much surgery, two open synovectiomies on my left knee and one closed on my right but of course the disease has inexorably progressed because that is what it does. I don't think I have good days as such, it's more a case of 'not quite so bad' ones but I enjoy them when they happen. I hope you find the forum to be of interest, we are all in very similar boats so can truly empathise. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben