Round two of steriods

TheLordFlasheart
TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
edited 22. Jun 2017, 13:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
As many of you here may know, I have been increasingly suffering from severe lack of sleep due to my knee refusing to settle at night, and generally making my life hell.

So I saw my GP, today discussed all that has happened, and am glad he was sympathetic to my suffering (I have read here some GP's dismiss our moanings and just say "get on with it"), and he has referred my for a second steroid injection.

Hopefully this will give some respite, even if it is for a few weeks, atleast till my next pain clinic appiontment on 6th June. If this fails, then I will be asking about an arthroscopy.

Alastair
"Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It helps so much to have a supportive GP, hope you don't have to wait too long and that it helps.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I hope it helps, Alastair.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • TheLordFlasheart
    Well, got a date for my steroid injection -19th June, so not long now.

I'm pinning my hopes that this will offer atleast a few weeks respite, knowing how fickle steroids can be, as my condition seems to be accelerating (or it's just my perception) and going through hell these last few weeks.
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Hope it works well for you. I absolutely understand why you're hanging your hope on it, I'm waiting for an ankle steroid injection on 28th June in the hope that it will alleviate my ankle pain so that I can get to sleep at night, it's so demoralising lying there awake as part of you throbs endlessly.

Deb
  • Natalie1712
    Natalie1712 Member Posts: 63
    Good luck Alastair, I hope the steroid injection works. Both of my knees have been flaring up badly the last few weeks and I'm booked to get injections in them both in a fortnight so fingers crossed it works for both of us! The joys of arthritis! X
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    That's soon Alastair! fingers crossed for you

and Deb and Natalie too :)

love

Toni xx
  • TheLordFlasheart
    Well, due to unforseen circumstances (my train home ran late, so would of missed it), I've had to rearrange my appointment for the 10th July.

This is the only date I can get at my GP surgery, so i'm just going to have to plod along as best I can.

Alastair
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    What a pity! So much can hang on so little. I wish you better luck next time and as painfree a time as possible while you wait.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • TheLordFlasheart
    What a pity! So much can hang on so little. I wish you better luck next time and as painfree a time as possible while you wait.

Just sods law really, I'm hoping for as much pain free time as possible.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh I am sorry Alastair..like you say sods law..I hope when you do get the injections it bring some relief..good luck..
    Love
    Barbara