Good appointment

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 28. May 2017, 05:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Thanks to all of you who popped into my pocket on such a hot day.

Good news is that my neck hasn't got worse, still the same OA and prolapsed disc. She asked if I had seen the pain clinic yet and when I replied I hadn't, said she would ask her secretary to chase it up and if I haven't heard in 3 weeks contact PALS as that will hurry it up.

I explained to her about the fact I am planning to apply for ill health retirement and that I would need a letter from her. She was sympathetic, said she was sorry but was happy to write a letter. I had put together some information regarding the criteria that DofE will want to be met, and I had also given details of how I struggled with the specifics they look for. She asked me a couple of questions about my situation at home then read what I had written and said it was excellent!

She said it will take a couple of weeks, apparently they are still having IT problems after the NHS Cyber attack the other week, for 2 weeks no letters could be written as the systems were not fully sorted and the internal email is still not working.

Discharged me from rheumy and wished me well.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm pleased that things are no worse with your neck, is that a relief for you too? Regarding the pain clinic I hope that appointment come through sooner rather than later and I'm also pleased she will write a letter of support.

I also hope you are not feeling too tired with the heat and the stress, feet up and lots of cool drinks sounds like a good plan to me (mainly because that's what I'm doing!) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    I am relieved my neck is no worse and she also explained clearly why I get the pain spreading right down into my fingers from it.

I've not been sleeping too well the past few nights, stress and the heat just adding into the mix with pain, and HR hassels starting up (but everything there I just take advice from my union on).

But, half-term next week so afternoon tea with a friend booked, and two Grandsons who just keep checking that I am going to visit them next week!

Hope your keep cool plan is effective.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I think that was good and I'm so pleased. And, I see, you have half-term sorted. That will help to take your mind off it all. Children have a way of ensuring all our attention is on them - sometimes for bad reasons but usually for good.

The heat? I'm in a permanent state of wilt.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Wilting too!
    Julian of Norwich
  • mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    That sounds like a good appointment,hope you get the pain clinic one soon. Enjoy half term, we are having our 5 yr old for a sleepover on my last day of radiotherapy treatment so will be tiring but he lifts us in so many ways and we laugh so much, especially at his made up jokes! Bit cooler today here, hope it is with you too. Xxx
  • Slosh
    As I'm on long term sick leave now from teaching half-term means the chance to catch up with friends who are still working in schools and my school age grandchildren.
    Julian of Norwich