Maintaining weight loss

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 14. Jun 2017, 14:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'm pleased to be able to say that I am managing to maintain my weight loss.

I regularly weigh-in, although I've changed to a morning group as the post-op swelling from my TKR is still very bad at the end of the day, so weighing in earlier in the day gives a more accurate reading in my view.

I no longer see my way of eating as being a "diet" - it's more a healthy eating plan and is now, for me, a way of life.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well done Grace how long have you been at target now. staying in target is ok as long as people realise that you do not stay the same and that is why you have the 3lb up and 3lb below as you target. and don't expect to stay the same every week i'm on a slimming world target members group on facebook and I see people post everday saying its so difficult to maintain and not go up and down I have to laugh really I have not found it difficult for the last 2years 11months as you say its a way of life now not a diet.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Well done Grace!!

u040.gif

I agree with you about morning weighing until the swelling ceases which it will.

As for it having become a weigh (way :wink: ) of life to eat healthier Carol (Turbogran) said the same in the café the other day.

I am very proud of the pair of you :D

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    You have done so well Grace..and yes I agree weighing in the morning is much better ..even with out you knee swelling we weigh heavier in the evening ..like Toni says well done both of you..
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Well done Grace,it must be difficult maintaining your weight to have a treat or not,I have 3lbs to lose to get to my target weight and last week I was sure I was going to do it but I was gutted to find I had put 1lb on.Well done and keep up the good work. X
  • Annie
    Annie Member Posts: 8
    Well done, i haven't reached my target yet (or anywhere near) but am hopeful that I will get there eventually :)
  • frogmorton
    Annie we all followed Grace's weight loss on here as well as that of Carol (turbogran) and currently Mig and Grace111 are loosing.

So lots of great role models on here :)

If you keep posting we will all encourage you on :)

(Mig if you see this...are you there yet?)

Love

Toni xxx
  • Natalie1712
    Natalie1712 Member Posts: 63
    Well done all! I've currently lost just over 1 stone and aiming to lose 2 more.. slow and steady wins the race! I was getting weighed in the evening but recently started a morning class and find I get better results then. Good luck everyone with your weight loss/maintaining!

Natalie x
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Many thanks. I've basically stayed on the plan, watching what I eat, eating healthily. I weigh-in at least every fortnight; if I can I go every week. I fluctuate by about half a pound to a pound with every weigh-in but I'm happy with that.

To those contemplating undertaking a weight loss programme you'll know what will work for you and what won't. I attacked my weight loss in half-stones, as it made it more realistic and not so daunting for me. Naturally, if I can help anyone if you chose to do the SW plan, please PM me and I'd be pleased to do what I can.

Good luck everyone.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    HI Frog,I got to the target weight set by our group leader as I didn't really know how much to do and when I got there I set another half stone to lose ,three and a half pound to go.
  • frogmorton
    mig wrote:
    HI Frog,I got to the target weight set by our group leader as I didn't really know how much to do and when I got there I set another half stone to lose ,three and a half pound to go.

Well done Mig - you'll soon get to target number 2 :)
  • Rach101
    Rach101 Member Posts: 165
    Hi all. It's an interesting point about weighing in the morning as I find my weight fluctuates enormously in the evening due to swelling. Perhaps I'll change group to get a more steady result!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Everyone, with or without arthritis, weighs more in the eveing than in the morning.

As long as you weigh yourself consistently at the same time of day what does it matter? You still know what you're losing.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Rach101
    Rach101 Member Posts: 165
    Yes that is true SW but Ive noticed since Ive had arthritis that my weight fluctuates wildly in the evening but not in the morning. I assume it's because my body is still constantly swollen and the level of fluid retention varies throughout the day due to the medication. Everybody is different of course so it's just doing what's right for you :)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Interesting. I guess that's as good a theory as any.

I know potassium (as in bananas) can mitigate against fluid retention and I think many veg and fruits can too.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Well done grace for the maintaining I love my little bubble of the 6lb and as long as i'm in that six i'm happy I didn't go this week as I was busy but also think it was good I didn't as I think I put on again this week. and would probably been out of target. Well done to everyone in here on weight loss plans I and if its Slimming world you are doing i'm more than happy to help if you pm me.
    Stay positive always👍xx