Carer's Week

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 14. Jun 2017, 13:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just to say it's Carer's Week this week.

Having been a carer myself (as well as being a "cared-for person") I know only too well what a huge strain it is to look after a loved one (or loved ones).

Carers do a fabulous job and without such wonderful people doing this there'd be a lot of individuals in this country struggling to manage.

If you are currently - or have been a carer - hold your head up high and give yourself a pat on the back. If you are a "cared-for person" just take 5 seconds to thank the person who helps you out. A 'thank you' to a carer makes all the difference in the world.

To all carers everywhere - keep going! Keep taking each day and challenge as it comes. But above all, try to remember that you yourself are a person with your own needs and even if it's just 5 or 10 minutes a day, have those brief few moments to yourself.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    How about this one Stickywicket?

d015.gif

Or this one maybe?

g015.gif

Seriously though GraceB, Hear hear! to the husbands/wives/partners/Mums/Dads and children who also support someone who needs a little extra help.

Ellen
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hear, hear from me too :D

Those who care deserve a huge pat on the back and to be asked:
    "How are you?" before asking after the person they care for.

*****, your 'carer' is cared for as much as caring I think, from what you say :wink: but I am glad he is doing his last trip to France.

I never counted myself as Lucy's carer I am definitely her Mum and Mums care.

Charley was my carer too briefly when I was a single parent and had my back surgery. She did the socks and knickers and shower supervision. She was 8 Lucy 5. Lucky for them I had met Paul about 6 months earlier.

Unsung heroes in my book are those who care g015.gif

Thank you Grace.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    moderator wrote:
    How about this one Stickywicket?

d015.gif

Or this one maybe?

g015.gif

Seriously though GraceB, Hear hear! to the husbands/wives/partners/Mums/Dads and children who also support someone who needs a little extra help.

Ellen

:D Oh yes! And both together when he gets his shirt off :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hear Hear..Grace I was a carer for my mum and then dad for many years..now OH cares for me..not easy bless him :o ...x
    Love
    Barbara