Blinking weather

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 1. Aug 2017, 11:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Last week I was sweating and walking round the house in pjs because they are lightweight cotton and had fat little sausage toes now they are aching along with fingers because its so cold and damp,blinking arthritis.Got my fingerless gloves on,might have to get the wheat bag out.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Yup, you've got to admit that one thing we do well - and very varied - is weather :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    I had to get out the hottie for bedtime and a fleece to go over the summer duvet last night. Luckily I had the foresight not to put all my fingerless gloves in the loft when I packed up my winter(hah!) clothes. I have three nights of rehearsal and concerts in country churches starting tonight and am having to think what I will need to stay comfortable. Definitely vest under concert shirt, proper shoes not sandals, and thick tights. Oh and my cashmere cardi(long ago present from daughter) to slip round the shoulders when not actually performing.
    Remind me again, what month is it?
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    I despise the damp weather, as it makes me less mobile and stiff. But it serves me right for living in the High Peak :lol:
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    It's July

r020.gif

I'm sure it is......
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I'm glad it got cooler this year, after having 50% of my intestines removed along with a massive GIST sarcoma I found the heat made me feel really unwell, I've gone from being able to work all day in it and not have a problem to being almost unable to cope, I fear the next heat wave, even with also suffering from arthritis living in the high arctic is now appealing.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Blinking harvest. That's going on round here, my eyes and nose are streaming and sore, my throat is ticklish: I thought the biologics and DMARDs are meant to reduce the immune system but mine's doing kung-fu fighting. I am a grumpy, short-tempered Daisy. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    It's amazing how the weather can affect our arthritis (and other conditions). It's said us brits are known for complaining about the weather, so I guess that makes those with arthritis super complainers :lol:
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    The other day someone told me the connection between Arthritis and weather was a myth. Well, anecdote and evidence suggests otherwise to me! Since I got my jaw replacements, I know when it's going to be damp, I can feel it in my face. Sorry you're having a rough old ride. Not much fun this weather, is it? So much for our summer. :(
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    To me it's amazing that people are not affected by changes in the weather, the harvest, flowers, grasses and trees having struggled al the way through life with such nonsense. As for those who say there's no link between arthritis and the weather, they usually don't have any but that doesn't stop them spouting piffle. :D DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben