Pocket duties please...again

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 29. Jun 2017, 13:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have a very important Occupational Health review next Wednesday morning. It's the one at which I have to convince OH that I can no longer work so that I get a report to send in to support my application for ill health retirement, and it's the report that carries most weight.

I'm going to make notes to take with me but it would be great to have a bit of support.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Count me in Slosh
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    I'll be there. Hope it goes as you hope for.

Deb xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    No problem Slosh......I'll be there

Love

Hileena
  • slomo
    slomo Member Posts: 180
    Hope all goes well for you, try not to get too stressed about it - not easy I know, I was freaking out about mine - sending you lots of positive thoughts, all the best, slomo
  • Slosh
    Thanks, it's on my mind and causing sleepless nights. I'll be glad when it's over.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Wobbly
    Wobbly Member Posts: 58
    Good luck hon xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm in, Slosh. Hope all goes well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Thanks. So much on my mind, my daughter (severe endometritis, ME) had her ESA stopped in November and has not had it, or jobseekers paid since then! She's resent paperwork, been to CAB, contacted MP and allthat has happened is lots of promises that the money is coming. I've been supporting her finacially since then and dread what will happen if it doesn't get sorted before I go onto a pension.
    She is now going to the media, BBC Money Box etc
    Julian of Norwich
  • Slosh
    Thanks all. I have made some notes for tomorrow to cover the specific things that the DES will look for. As usual I used my Dragon, but as it's a rough day it was difficult to put it in correct sentences, I decided not to edit it as that will provide more evidence. I must admit it was hard emotionally too.
    Julian of Norwich
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Best of luck for today Slosh ((()))

Love

Toni xxx
  • Slosh
    Well that hoop's jumped so to speak. OH nurse was very nice and said she felt I had a good case and shouldn't have any problems. She also couldn't believe that I'd been teaching and working while taking a form of morphine!
    However it's not over yet. She now has to request reports from my GP and possibly consultant and once they are recieved they, together with her report they get sent off to an independant OH Dr and I have an assessment with him!
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Maybe you could write a book about assessments, Slosh. You've had more than your fair share.

Anyway, I'm pleased this one seemed to go OK. Roll on the next. You'll cope.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Now there's an idea Sticky!
    Julian of Norwich
  • slomo
    slomo Member Posts: 180
    Glad to hear that things went ok Slosh,
    Hopefully it won't take too long for the GP/consultant to get their reports sent to OH, mine seemed to get tied up with Christmas and took a while to come through, my consultant gave me a copy of the report and when it came to the OH meeting about it, I got called in at short notice and then got called back to be told that they would make their decision based on the report and I didn't have to attend the meeting, - for which I was truly grateful! Hopefully they'll do that with you too and you'll not need to appear in person. Fingers crossed things move along quickly.
  • Slosh
    She seemed quite clear that I would have to attend for a "medical assessment", I have spoken to my GP and Consultant who are both in support of this and I have asked for copies of all assessments.

Fingers crossed it's not too long.
    Julian of Norwich
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Well that has got the ball rolling Slosh well done :)

My fingers are also crossed that things progress quickly for you now :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • Slosh
    Thanks,
    Feeling the after effects today!
    Julian of Norwich
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Glad to hear all is going well, and it you end up writing a book on assesments, i'll be sure to get a copy :D

Best of luck

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"