Still maintaining target weight

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 7. Jul 2017, 15:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well, here I am 6 months after having reached my Slimming World target weight and I'm delighted to say I'm still maintaining my weight loss. I'm still at target and regularly weigh-in to keep track. I tend to fluctuate by half pound to a pound per week, but I'm fine with this.

Being at target means I'm a lifetime member of Slimming World as long as I remain at target. If I keep to target weight for a year, I then become a "Diamond Member" so that's my next goal to achieve.

For anyone on this Forum who is currently slimming my advice would be to just keep chipping away at it. Don't give up if you add an extra pound one week, just start again when you get home and over time you'll see the weight slowly disappear. At times all I lost was half a pound a week, some weeks nothing at all, but I just keep going. (Probably helps I'm a typical Taurean and stubborn!). I was greatly encouraged by my wonderful Forum Family here and that meant a lot. So, for those of you who "cheered me on" during my weight loss journey, thank you so much.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well done Grace .Thought I would hit my target this week but blow me put on 1lb &half instead of taking it off,think it was the frankie and bennys that did it. :oops: Keep up the good work. Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Fabulous Grace!! I think Turbogran is a Diamond member now :)

Still getting 'targets' by SW and good ones too. :D They will set good habits for life :)

You have done so well especially given the year you had too.

mig - you will get there and yes the weight gain will be almost certainly the Frankie and Benny's the only pounds you loose there are £ ones :wink:

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Well done Grace its such an achievement...I'm a Taurean so know what you mean we don't give in... :D x
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    Thank you for your kind replies. Can't weigh in this week (see my "end of an era" post) but will be there next Friday.

Mig - just keep going. You are very nearly there and have done so well with such a short time for your weight loss.

GraceB
  • Rach101
    Rach101 Member Posts: 165
    Well done Grace, you're very inspiring!
    I've lost 13 lb in 12 weeks now with slimming world and 2.5 inches from my waist!
    I've been trying to lose weight since October and have lost 22lb now and I finally feel a bit slimmer. It's a very slow process but as you say if you stick with it you'll make progress in the end. I don't think it's made any difference to my joint pain tho sadly.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Well done, Grace. I don't think you'll slide back.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Well done grace that six months seems to have gone very fast I am still at target as well. as they say its a complete life style change. i'm sure if I had done any other weight loss plan I would have put all the weight back on by now. slimming world becomes a way of life after a while. And Mig it has a habit of doing that its amazing how many people get a 1lb or so away from target and think oh I 'll get target next week and come the next week they gain keep going you will get there. Grace keep up the good work I'm sure you will be ok and you ill reach Diamond. you may need to tell your consultant that you have got to diamond because it dose not come up on their laptop so they will not know. and you won't get your certificate. Rach well done to you too your doing well you will find as the weight comes off your joints will improve a bit not completely of course but better than they are now it took a while before mine improved. I still have bad days but I manage them better now. so keep up the good work you are doing.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • GraceB
    Thanks for the tip Turbogran. I hadn't realised that but I'll make a note to ask about the Diamond member certificate. Assuming I qualify for it that is come end of December!

I couldn't get to weigh-in today (see my end of an era thread) but I will weigh-in next Friday. At the moment with the weather being so hot I'm eating lots of salad with jacket spuds so I'm easily sticking to plan.

And Rachel - well done you. Sounds like you are losing it at about a pound or so a week which is the best way to do it I understand. Keep going - you'll get there.

GraceB