POCKET DUTIES PLEASE

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 12. Jul 2017, 14:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Morning everyone

Could I have pocket duties tomorrow please [sunday]
I was being sent for an MRI quite a long time ago. As most of you will remednt face that MRImber I fell and had to have a replaced shoulder.
When I came out of hospital I couldn't face that MRI.
It is a 40 minute one. Its my thoracic and lumbar. So have to go tomorrow. Sorry I'm so late asking but I'm so sore I''ve not been online much. I can hardly stand, walk about four paces and that's it.
If anyone sees this thank you in advance :)

Love
Hileena

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hileena, I've hope this M.R.I will be a little more comfortable, I know from experience that lying on that machine is very uncomfortable and not being able to move when the M.R.I is going is hard. Having to not move a Inch for 40mins is going to be tough! I hope you will start to feel a little better soon, I can't imagine how much pain you must be in, I send you my love and gentle hugs.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm sorry you're in so much pain right now, Hileena. Is this due to the shoulder?

I wish you the very best for tomorrow. Can't do the pocket thing as we have guests arriving tonight and a very full day tomorrow but I do hope all goes well and as quickly as possible.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Happy to do pocket duties for you Hileena. Hope it goes well. Perhaps you could speak to the staff before they start and see if you could move between scans? If you don't ask you won't find out. Always worth a try in my view!

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    I'll happily be there for pocket duties Hileena, hope things work out better for you.

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Count me in. Hope it's tolerable and productive moving forward. Maybe we could all sing cheerful songs in your pocket to distract you :D . xxx

Deb
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I will be there,good luck.((())) Mig
  • hileena111
    Thank you all very much.

DEB ,ALASTAR, GRACE S.W..BUBBADOG,MIG.

I've got to admit to you all. I'm scared this time. I've had at least a dozen MRI's over the years and don't like them but am not scared.
    This time the thought of being still for that length of time the way I feel frightens me. If I stretch out on the settee for 10 mins or so I can hardly move when I get up.

Singing cheerful songs sounds a great distraction......are the rest of you going to join DEB?

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Well I'm back after the MRI

Firstly my OH went to the wrong hospital. :shock:

It was about 15 mins away from the hospital the appointment was at.
    They said my appointment had gone so if the hospital I was at could take me [same authority] that would be OK
    They said they could but it would be at least half an hour before I could get in. So After 45 mins I got an appointment. :roll:

The MRI itself took 50 minutes. I knew it would be long but this was a bad one. Really sore. My replaced shoulder.....there was something digging in to it all the time I was still.
    My left leg that has been so sore for a few weeks is worse now

After we left we had lunch out and I got a ruby ring. It was our 40th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago.
    So home now and don't know what to do :?
    If I walk its very sore but if I sit for very long that's agony as well

Oh well hope the MRI shows up something worthwhile.

Sorry for the moan

Love
    Hileena
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Hi Hillena, glad to see your back after your MRI. As we say in Derbyshire, your OH is a balmpot for going to the wrong hospital!

That was a long MRI, mine back when I was first diagnosed was only 20 mis, and I was tired only after that. No wonder you were sore after a 50 min MRI.

Hope your leg gets better after some rest, you get a good MRI result.

Best wishes.

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • hileena111
    Thanks Alastair :)

Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Glad thats all over with and hope the soreness fades soon.How lucky are you a ruby ring. Mig
  • Wobbly
    Wobbly Member Posts: 58
    Sorry i missed it glad its over for you now.
    I can totally sympathise I had the same mri scan from brain right down to hips in jan this year and so i know how u feel. Its a very long time and somethin meased up on mine ended up being in n out a few times - 90 mins in total - bet the other "customers" weren't beat pleaaed put them all behind ooops.
    Hope they find something they can treat well and get u out of this agony.
    MOST OF ALL CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY AND LUCKY YOU WITH THE RUBY RING
    Take care
    Wobbly xx
  • hileena111
    Hi Mig and Wobbly
    Mig it was awful, the 2 girls doing it weren't very nice either. Maybe didn't like working on a Sunday :roll:

Wobbly.....That was a dreadful one you had.
    Hope it was a positive outcome eventually after all that.
    Yes ...the ruby ring is lovely. Havent got it yet.
    It will be a couple of weeks before it arrives

Love
    Hileena
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Really glad it's over now Hileena, here's hoping things settle down quickly and you get something positive from it.

Deb xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I apologise for missing Sunday duties but I was elsewhere celebrating a 90th birthday (not mine :wink: ) and our 20th wedding anniversary, which apparently is china. I didn't get any and neither did I give it! I hope you have recovered from the uncomfortable experience and things are not too bad. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Thanks, and don't worry anyone that forgot or was busy
    DD You are only a youngster LOL We have just celebrated our 40th.
    I didn't get anything for my china........didn't even know that's what it was :lol: but made sure to celebrate out Ruby.

Love
    Hileena