Physio tomorrow - 20th

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 22. Jul 2017, 05:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sorry for the short notice but I've just had a call to offer me a physio appointment for my left knee which, as some of you may recall, has been causing me some issues after it was replaced end of January.

I was offered an 8.30am appointment tomorrow (20th)! Bearing in mind my consultant two weeks ago told me I'd wait at least 2 months to hear from physio, this appointment is like a bolt out of the blue but, I have to say, is very welcome nonetheless. (Makes me wonder though if he put me down as urgent as, at my local hospital, you wait months for physio).

So, if anyone happens to be around and free, pocket dwellers welcome but I do realise it's short notice. I'll let you know how I get on.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Short notice is good, Grace. Less time to fret :wink:

I shall be there. I'll try to have finished my breakfast first but, if not, please excuse the tummy rumblings and don't mistake them for knee noises :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    I'll be on my way to work at that time tomorrow, but you'll be in my thoughts.

Hope everything goes well.
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Well I'm sore naturally even though she didn't actually do much apart from take a history, check the strength and bend in my leg and refer me to hydro!

Interestingly, my right knee, which was partly replaced in 2009, bends to 130 degrees and she said this was the same as a normal knee. She was very impressed with this! My left knee (totally replaced Jan this year) only bends to 80 degrees, and she managed to force it - albeit extremely briefly - to 85 degrees.

So, I have my first session of hydro next week and we'll see what happens. She agrees with my consultant that if I get a 90 degree bend with my left knee I'll be doing well.

Thanks to the pocket dwellers - as usual exemplary behaviour from you all.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oooh hydro! Lovely :D I do hope it helps and expect it will. Remember payback though. You'll feel great while in the water and only start creaking later :roll:

'Exemplary behaviour' :o Moi :? Are you sure? I must be getting old :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright