Thumbs up

lindamay
lindamay Member Posts: 118
edited 22. Jul 2017, 06:13 in Community Chit-chat archive
I went for my final x-ray this week, 6 months since I had my hip op. They were well pleased with me. Said if they could do a before and after advert I should be the after! I feel good now. I can walk about 3-4 miles and back to playing badminton, (gently) but I enjoy it. I can't believe how it has changed my life from 12 months ago when I struggled to walk just down the road with a stick.
I say a massive thank you to my consultant and the Sandringham Hospital!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That's very good news, well done you! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    That's fantastic and you've obviously worked hard to get where you are. Long may it continue and enjoy those walks.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Fabulous news Linda :)

I am over the moon for you!
    Love

Toni xx
  • lindamay
    lindamay Member Posts: 118
    Thank you to all. I took part in a sponsored walk in Sandringham in aid of Benjamin Foundation. It was supposed to be 3 miles. We did a little bit more as we seemed to miss the route at one point. I thought we might have bumped into "Phil and Betty" and been invited in for afternoon tea but they must have been out!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I am so very pleased for you lindamay..I do love good news and good luck with the sponsored walk.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Well done you! You've put in the boring 'miles' of physio and are now able to do the more interesting sort. I'm very pleased for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright