Hello

Weddog
Weddog Member Posts: 2
edited 25. Jul 2017, 05:33 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, I thought I'd join up - I have osteoarthritis in my hands, feet, spine etc but most disabling is SI joints. It's getting harder to deal with as time goes on and I hope that I might find some support here. I figure my family and doctor are sick of me moaning about it!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi weddog and welcome to the Arthritis Care forums.

If you haven't seen it yet you might find the section on our website about living with arthritis useful to look through. https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/living-with-arthritis

Also, the forum is a great place to come and unload feelings as we all have a close understanding of what Arthritis is like first hand - nothing like talking to people who really understand :)

You also might find it useful to phone the Arthritis Care helpline for some support on 0808 800 4050

All best wishes
    Brynmor
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Weddog

Come on in and moan to us about your arthritis we totally get it :wink:

Seriously it does sound as though you have a lot going on pain-wise. Hopefully you'll be able to get some good tips on here and share your own experience too.

Welcome :D

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello and welcome to our creaky gang! I have psoriatic and osteo arthritis so understand how challenging life can be. Of the two I far prefer the osteo because it is more honest in how it presents and its treatment is far less complicated. Over the years my husband and I have developed a code phrase for when he needs to up his level of input - when I say 'Things are rough' he knows he has to do more so I can do less to recover quicker, otherwise I muddle through as best I can. Housework is a little and often (my cordless vac is a boon), evening meal prep can start as early as lunchtime, and changing the bed waits until a less-bad day (good days no longer exist :lol: ).

Have you read The Spoon Theory and There's a Gorilla in my House? Both articles can be found online and give clear and concise accounts of the challenges we face living with chronic conditions. Arthritis not only affects us, it has a go at those around us too, it cares not who it harms.

I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben