Hi. I'm new

Karlee
Karlee Member Posts: 2
edited 26. Jul 2017, 03:51 in Say Hello Archive
Hi I was diagnosed with severe OA in my neck and lumbar 7 yrs ago.
Today told its in my ankles, knees, thumbs & hip.
My ankle is giving loads of pain.
I'm only 49 and feel older.
I really want to sort out my diet, stress levels and exercise to prevent it getting worse.
I enjoy cycling and have in the past done some slow running (apparently can't do this anymore).
And does apple cider vinegar work??
Thanks guys sfl0

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Dear Karlee welcome to Arthritis Care Forums.

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have using the forums.

Please click on the following link to see our factsheet on Osteoarthritis https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/what-is-arthritis/types-of-arthritis/62-o-osteoarthritis.

I hope the factsheet helps but, if you need more specific information, you can always contact our Helpline at: https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/help-and-support/helpline

In addition to the above, there are many lovely people who use the forums with a wide range of experiences. Have a good look through the different forums and pick the ones you feel are best for the information you seek.

Best wishes,

ModEm
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Karlee you sound a bit like me!!

I still walk as many days as possible not very fast and maybe not very far, but it helps :)

As for my diet I try do add healthy food like avocados to my diet and supposedly anti-inflammatory foods like pineapples, but I haven't excluded anything yet because I haven't personally found a link despite trying.

Apple cider didn't work for me, neither did copper bracelets or glucosamine, but I firmly believe we are all different and if you can afford it easily enough it might help you so wouldn't warn anyone off of trying. It's your choice.

The other thing I did do was sensible - moving over (slowly) to decaf and ditching sugar in my tea/coffee.

Anyway please do have a look around the forums and join in wherever you fancy you will be made very welcome :)

Love

Toni xx