Hydro - Pocket Duties Please

Options
GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 1. Aug 2017, 06:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well my first session of hydrotherapy is Friday (28th) at 8.45am. I hope it'll help as my knee has been terrible this week thanks to the wet weather. :roll: At least the water will be nice and soothing, so I'm looking forward to that part.

If anyone wants to sneak in my pockets to have a crafty paddle, whilst I'm distracting the physio, please feel free to come along.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sounds lovely. Many years ago I worked in a special school that had a large hydrotherapy pool, one of the pluses was that staff could use it free of charge after school!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Count me in too Grace. Even though my hydrotherapy seesion only lasted 4 weeks (insead of 6), it did help alleviate some of my symptoms, not to mention very relaxing.

I know what you mean about the weather, past 4 days it's been nothing but wet and damp, so much I use my TENS practically all day :roll: .

Hope it works out for you.

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Got my cossie ready
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    n050.gif

count me in Grace :)

Love

Toni xx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Nice early start but I can be there, so count me in. I'll bring my lilo and have a float about. :lol: hydro is very effective for lots of people and something I'm looking into privately.
  • GraceB
    Options
    Well there was a lot of splashing about from you rowdy lot! And we won't mention the dive bombing, etc. :lol:

My time in the pool was well spent but I'm knackered now. The physio said that as my consultant had referred me, I'd get as many sessions as I needed, rather than being restricted to the standard 6 sessions that a GP referral here allows for. So good news!

I go back next Friday at 10.50 for another session so pocket dwellers welcome for that as well but please - no lilo's next time as the pool really isn't big enough!

GraceB
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Options
    First of all, aplogies for the dive bombing! Couldn't help myself :lol:

Glad to hear you're first session went well, and you will feel knackerd after each one, but it will be worth it.

You can count me in for the next session, and i'll bring a dinghy for everyone to sit in :lol:

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • frogmorton
    Options
    I'm not surprised you're aching Grace!! Hopefully that's a 'good' sign :)

It wasn't me miss!! It was Alastair dive-bombing and he soaked me too :shock: (tittle tattle :wink: )

Great news that you can give it a really good go not being restricted to a finite number of sessions :D

Love

Toni xx
  • GraceB
    Options
    Well at least I know who the culprits were! Honestly, I never thought members of this respectable forum were capable of dive bombing and ducking one another under the water. Next thing I know, there'll be a pub crawl going on! (Now, that's an idea perhaps the Forum Bus should appear - after all it is summer). sdrink

GraceB
  • frogmorton
    Options
    p065.gif

Ask and you shall receive Grace :wink:
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Sorry about the lilo but I just wasn't sure how on earth I was going to manage holding my cocktail and my book. I'll bring less stuff next time, I promise.

You probably don't realise how much work you do under the water until you get out. Hope that it's a good sign though. Fingers crossed.