RIP Ichabod

lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 29. Jul 2017, 11:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all,

I don't know whether anything has been posted on here before but I thought some of the long standing forum members should know that dear Ichabod has passed away.

He was quite an active member of the ARC forum at one time and I know he used to promote the courses he ran to help people with RA. He last emailed me in April saying that he had been really poorly and thought he was going to 'fall off his perch' but had rallied and was feeling much better. His wife contacted me yesterday to say that after a short illness he lost the battle and died in June.

I don't know the exact cause of death but Joan wanted me to let anyone know who knew him.

So as with the title of this thread, may dear Ichabod rest in peace.

Thanks for reading.

Love,
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Dear lindalegs,
    thank you very much for passing on this very sad news. Ichabod was indeed a very valued member of the forums and he did much to promote the services of Arthritis Care as you say. He will be greatly missed indeed by all of the moderators. Please pass on our condolences to Joan if you speak to her again.
    Rest in Peace Ichabod
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Its with great sadness to hear that our dear Ichabod has" fallen off his perch",when I first joined the forum he was among the first to welcome me.My sincere condolences to his family.Rest in peace Ichabod.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm sorry to hear this. Ichabod and I had some good 'conversations' and he did a lot of work for AC. R.I.P. ichabod.

Thanks for telling us, Legs.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I am so very sad to hear this,thankyou for letting us know Linda..RIP our Ichabod , my condolences go out to his family x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh that is the saddest news Lindalegs :( I am so glad Ichabod's wife was able to let you know.

He was a good man a kind and helpful forum member.

I hope he is resting in peace now.

Thinking of his wife and family.

With love

Toni xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Thank you Lindalegs.
    very sad news Ichabod was a kind helpful member of this forum he will be missed.
    Joan
    take care
    joan xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Thank you Linda for letting us know. Such sad news. I do not usually look at the Chit Chat zone and for some reason felt compelled to do so just now and saw your thread.

Ichabod was such a helpful member of the forum and did good works promoting AC courses. It is a shock to hear he has died. My heartfelt condolences go out to his family during this time.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • lindalegs
    Thank you all for your lovely words about Ichabod, I know they would have made him smile.

I am sending Joan a link to this thread so that she may read it and take comfort in your words. I think she will take heart that, to date, over 100 people have taken the time to read it and even though they haven't written anything they will all be thinking of the kind man he was.

Thank you once again everyone.

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    What a lovely gesture, Linda, to send Joan a link to this thread.
    He was one of the longstanding members like you and me. There will be many who perhaps are no longer visiting the forum, for whatever reason, but were helped along their journey by ichabod with his wise words.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • lindalegs
    elnafinn wrote:
    He was one of the longstanding members like you and me. There will be many who perhaps are no longer visiting the forum, for whatever reason, but were helped along their journey by ichabod with his wise words.

I agree Elna, that was why I was compelled to put a thread here so we can acknowledge the kindness he showed to all. He will have also helped many who just look in, to read but don't feel they want to write anything.

It's just a pity we don't, on the whole, let people know how we feel whilst they're still around to show they are much appreciated.

I hope Joan reads and sees how much Ichabod was cared for on here. :D

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Oh crumbs! He was one of the early members of AC. .

Always sad to see somebody passing on so much love to his wife and hope the days ahead are blessed with happy memories.

Elizabeth xx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I've been away and only just read this.

I remember Ichabod very well indeed, he was always friendly and helpful and I was aware of the work he did for AC. He has been (and will be) much missed. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Oh what shocking and sad news. While he did not visit often, I did always feel happy when I saw his name appear. He was generous and helping to all forum members. A very sad loss to the forum and to the world. My condolences to his family and friend and all those who knew him. Gone but not forgotten.
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi
    I am very sorry to hear the sad news about Ichabod. He was one of the original group of posters I spoke with when I first joined the forum. He had a wealth of knowledge and will be a great loss to the forum community.
    My condolences to his family xx
    NB
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I dont come here much but I remember Ichabod he was a really decent chap. :cry:
  • lindalegs
    Thanks Mellman and everyone else who remembers him and have commented.

He was most prolific in 'Rehab44' days and Ichabod always called me 'Linda with the Legs'. :lol: Sigh fond memories of good times.

Love,
    Love, Legs x