Stiffness

kazzab456
kazzab456 Member Posts: 23
edited 2. Aug 2017, 03:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
What I find really frustrating about arthritis apart from the lack of sleep is the stiffness. I've got OA in my right hip and left shoulder a/c joint and I suspect I might be starting with it in my lower back and left hip.

I've been working all day in the office and I stood up for a walk and I feel stiff all over - I could understand it if it was isolated to my joints with OA but it's not. I'm stiff from the balls of my feet right through to my neck - I feel like I'm walking like an old woman but I'm only 44! Am I the only one to feel this way?

Karen

Comments

• Gobutslow
    Gobutslow Member Posts: 23
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I know what you mean. sfl
    I feel like the tin man from the wizard of oz, I need oiling before I can move
    ! :lol:

I am still waiting for a diagnosis. I saw my physio last week and he thinks it is sacroilitis( after looking at the Mri & ct scans) I also have pain/stiffness in my neck,knee,feet,toes and hands.

I'm the same, it doesn't matter if I sit,stand,walk or lie down. I am stiff on moving.
    I am 47. I feel years older and so frustrated.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Nope, you're not the only one. I start stiff and carry on stiff throughout the day. My rheumatologist still asks when it eases but, truthfully, it never really does: whether that's due to the PsA or the OA or both I don't know - and neither do I care. Things are as they are and I'm used to it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Jo2402
    Jo2402 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Karen, I empathise with you. I'm 24 and feel like an old lady - I have early stages of osteoarthritis in my lower spine but my entire back feels stiff after sleeping or sitting down for a while. It takes a while for me to warm up and get my back moving again. I don't know what much else to do other than a hot shower/bath if I can physically get into the bath, or doing the exercises from physio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    I'm 36 and have OA in my left knee and most days it's stiff and sore (more so during damp weather), leading me to shuffle round like an old man!

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"