Appointment with new Knee Consultant

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 5. Aug 2017, 07:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all, Well saw my new knee Consultant yesterday morning and he was lovely. Well what he showed me on the X-ray shocked me to the core! He said there is a hole in the left knee (which was obvious on the X-Ray!!) and he said there is a limited to no blood supply in the knee joint and the bone is dying. He has said he wants an M.R.I done 1st so he can see how extensive the problem is and then more than likely will want me to have an Arthroscopy so he can look inside and he will know more by then and know where to go from there. I told him I was suffering from a bad flare up and he said he could see both of my knee's where very swollen and he apologised when he had to feel and move the knee about. I'm still suffering from this bad flare and will be glad to see the back of it! And now what with the news about the knee to say I'm feeling pretty low is an understatement! :cry::cry:

Comments

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh my gosh, bubba. What a blow. I can see why you're feeling so down, totally understandable. You've had a shock. Sending gentle hugs to you. We will be with you every step of the way, you are not alone. You are incredibly strong and have faced so much, you can get through this. ((( )))
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Oh bubba, that is a massive blow, no wonder you are feeling so low.
    As starburst said, were all here for you every step of the way.
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Totally understand why you are so shocked, all that can be said is that it sounds as though your new consultant is on the ball and is getting on with things. Fingers crossed it can be sorted out for you.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • bubbadog
    [img][/img]Thank you for your messages, I'm lucky to have you (my creaky friends) supporting me and my wonderful OH who has been spoiling me rotten since this flare up started. And of course my furry nurse, body guard and my (kid of sorts) Arnie who hasn't left my side since this flare started!!

20170712_110030_HDR.jpg?
  • bubbadog
    Sorry it's come out on a side view!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Definitely scary but good that they are on to it. An x-ray before I had my knee revision showed a hole the size of a 50p coin but I don't think there was any problem with the blood supply. That is clearly much more serious. I hope all goes well and quickly for you, bubbadog.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Bubba I am sorry to hear this. I hope it's not too long before they can get to the bottom of it for you ((()))

I see Arnie, but where is Willow?? :?

Love

Toni xxx
  • bubbadog
    Just for Toni, here is Willow!!

20170804_160829_HDR.jpg?dl=0
  • bubbadog
    Sorry came out on side view again!! Must be size of photo!!