I went in to buy . . . .

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 5. Aug 2017, 06:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
And came out with . . . .

It's a game I play on a rather-too-frequent basis but it's one I enjoy and am pretty good at. :wink: Today I went to a local hardware store (which sells an excellent range of DIY and domestic equipment) wanting dishwasher cleaner, nothing else. Alas none was to be had but my preferred fridge deodoriser was in stock for once (£1 cheaper than Sainsbriz) plus a magnificent Leifheit fluffy duster for less than a fiver, a set of two OXO cleaning brushes for smaller items, good multi-purpose glue and (most unexpectedly) a set of three Prestige saucepans. I hadn't intended to buy pans but these had all my favourite features (including pouring lips and glass draining lids) and are lighter than the ones I have been using for some time and have started to find a struggle.

Does this happen to you? What's been your most surprising unexpected buy? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello DD
    you did do well. No I have not done that.
    Joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • littlemimmy
    littlemimmy Member Posts: 111
    We recently went to the Ironbridge Museum, where you can change your modern day money into Victorian money to buy things in the Victorian village. I changed £10 to get some fish and chips for our lunch, and ended up with some sealing wax, postcards and a loaf of bread!

Excellent fun though!
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Would you believe a pair of reachers from the pound shop, I bought them for no real reason to be honest but they are so handy I bought another one from LIDIL, saves me bending down for thing I keep dropping, I'm well happy which is rare!.lol sdrink
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I go to the supermarket most weeks for 3 items and come out £70 lighter DD :roll:

Good to see your name Mell :)

Toni xx
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Aaaaaahh, needs and wants, I have a constant battle in my mind as to how purchases will be defined, only 'needed' items must be brought, or was that only wa...... oh bother have I got that wrong as well????
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Airwave, I think we are of the same era. In fact one of my Mum's many sayings was "I want never gets." (I didn't either :lol: ) It could be why I've always hated shopping :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    I solved this problem by letting my husband do the shopping. Which is fine, until I get on Amazon. :o I can spend thousands on there. Thank goodness for 'wish lists' mine is always full. :roll:

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    :lol::lol: love it..my OH try to steer me away from cleaning gadgets, and says you wont use it..no but you will... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    HAHAHAHAHA love it Barbara. :lol::lol::lol:

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Sometimes I reason with myself that whatever-it-is won't be used etc. but then I find myself thinking about it, returning to the store to buy it only to end up being incredibly irked when it's no longer there.

I'm off now to buy a very fluffy duster for a friend (she fell in love with mine). It just has to be done. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    kathleenT wrote:
    I solved this problem by letting my husband do the shopping. Which is fine, until I get on Amazon. :o I can spend thousands on there. Thank goodness for 'wish lists' mine is always full. :roll:

I have two lists Kath!!

£114 in Tesco yesterday all needs honestly :oops:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Kathleen, my Amazon wish list is always full too. Unless something is urgent I just stick it on the list so that I can group things together and always get free postage without subscribing to Amazon Prime.

What can you expect? I come from Yorkshire and live in Scotland :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright