Does anyone have oxygen starvation from ostioarthritis

samson888
samson888 Member Posts: 8
edited 3. Sep 2017, 07:43 in Say Hello Archive
Hi , My name is Sam,

I am sad to have to write this as I feel so ill right now .
I sincerely hope to get some answers and hopefully help and advice but on the other hand hope noon have this hideous feeling I am enduring .
I have had a few MRI scans at Walton in Liverpool and as a result they have found severe ostio through out my neck and entire spine as well as my groins and knees and left ankle .
I don't really know where to start .
What I will do is write how it is for me and just hope that maybe someone can please help .

1. ) My neck can feel so strained , as if I've been on the Waltzers and had to strain to hold my neck and head upright .( Does that make sense ) .. It feels tender when I press my fingers into parts of it .
My lower neck and left shoulder are hard with spasm .
It also feels like someone is pressing a nerve . .and the horrid feeling that goes with it . That makes me feel sick in stomach .
Something is definitely not right with my neck as I am feeling really lightheaded and queezy. . Car sick feeling . . It goes worse when I turn my head to the side .
If I turn to much I feel like I will pass out as everything goes blurry. It really is getting me down . I feel like it's really exhausting me .
I can sometimes wake up and feel great .. then have days upon days when I feel so hideous as well as my body has been in a car wreck . It feels that stiff .
The sides of my back are hard with spasm ( at times )
I think I'd better just stick with my upper body for now lol .

Please . If you you have help you can suggest then I'd really appreciate some feedback and empathy .

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, I am sorry you are having such a rough time - I hope others will be along to reply but please bear in mind that we are not doctors and cannot diagnose.

I have troubles with a stiff neck and shoulders, which I think is due to pain elsewhere in my body (I have around forty affected joints with psoriatic and osteo arthritis). Pain causes me to tense up, alter the way I move thus putting other joints under pressure. I have a regular sports massage on that area to help relieve matters. From what you have said, however, I wonder if a trapped nerve could be causing this kind of trouble. As I said, I am not a doctor so I think a visit to your GP is in order.

I wish you well and please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Sam. What a pickle you're in!

I have RA and OA. My neck hardly moves these days but I don't get the horrible symptoms you describe. Nor have I ever heard (re your title) of arthritis leading to oxygen starvation. Mind you, OA can lead to nerve damage which can be very painful.

i think you need to ask your GP about this. I hope (s)he can give you some answers and help. Please let us know how you get on.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Maybe OA can stop you breathing in enough???? If it's in your back/sternum?? Is that what you mean???

I am so sorry you are struggling. Have the Drs any plans to do any sort of surgery or physio on your neck it really sounds dreadful!

((()))

Toni xxx
  • samson888
    samson888 Member Posts: 8
    frogmorton wrote:
    Maybe OA can stop you breathing in enough???? If it's in your back/sternum?? Is that what you mean???

I am so sorry you are struggling. Have the Drs any plans to do any sort of surgery or physio on your neck it really sounds dreadful!

((()))

Toni xxx

Dear Toni , Really appreciate you writing .
    I'm find this site in general very hard to navigate . .too many distractions ,like bee's , colours and cakes . Is it necessary ?

I really don't what going on . I really feel so sick . There is something going on with my neck that causing nerve pain . I can feel electrical sensation in my neck and its making feel nauseous .. light headed .. spaced out .. really really down .
    I see my neurologist next month . I have ostio throughout my rest of my spine and in my knees and left ankle . I can honestly say I know what pain is . BUT this is different , this is quite simply hideous . Feel like I passing out . I need to try and join a group and speak to someone near me . . It's hard to explain on hear . . Re speaking to my GP .. I've had 2 now and they just look through me when I mention it . . I actually had 1 that said " what do you want me to do about it " .
    Again thank you for listening and thank you writing . . I will phone and try see if the can help me write with out all the distractions ..

Kind wishes ,

Pete