Just saying hello

Rog
Rog Member Posts: 24
edited 1. Sep 2017, 14:32 in Say Hello Archive
Hello all

Having had a long standing pain in my ankle and toes on one foot and numerous blood tests and trips to my rhuematologist i am now commencing course of Methotrexate and tbh it hasnt sunk in yet, he hasnt uttered the words as yet but its more or less confirmed i have Psoriatic Arthritis as 8 weeks ago i had steroid injection and it gave me a new lease of life for about 3 weeks then it hit me again like a brick (which more or less was told it was PsA if it did give relief), i feel like an old man when i step out of bed in the mornings, only arcoxia keeps me partly sane.

Apologies for the long winded hello lol

Any other fellow sufferers or newly diagnosed.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello and welcome to the forums,there are many 'members' on here and I'm sure you will find the answers you require - in the meantime if us 'mods' can be of assistance just ask.
    Al
  • Rog
    moderator wrote:
    Hello and welcome to the forums,there are many 'members' on here and I'm sure you will find the answers you require - in the meantime if us 'mods' can be of assistance just ask.
    Al

thank you, just looking around the forum here, tbh the thought of taking methotrexate scares me given all the horror stories but im sure if managed correctly it will be fine (i hope)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have PsA and take meth plus another medication. I began my troubles in 1997, you name the med I have more than likely tried it. Injected steroids are temperamental, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't: in my case it was the latter which, on reflection, I'm quite pleased about because returning to 'normal' after a period of relief is not an easy process. Learning to accept and get on with a new normal is not easy, far from it, but everyone on here has done it or is doing it.

I'm not sure what horror stories you are referring to about meth but I for one have had no trouble with it. I began with the tablet kind, developed a rash so that was stopped. After a break of a few years I restarted it but in the injected form. I occasionally feel extra tired the day after the day after injecting but as I no longer work that is not a problem. I am not troubled too much by psoriasis which is a blessing - are you? If so the meth should help to ease that as it works by suppressing the immune system.

Feel free to ask any questions, most people look in on the Living with Arthritis board so there may be topics of interest on there. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Rog
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello, I have PsA and take meth plus another medication. I began my troubles in 1997, you name the med I have more than likely tried it. Injected steroids are temperamental, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't: in my case it was the latter which, on reflection, I'm quite pleased about because returning to 'normal' after a period of relief is not an easy process. Learning to accept and get on with a new normal is not easy, far from it, but everyone on here has done it or is doing it.

I'm not sure what horror stories you are referring to about meth but I for one have had no trouble with it. I began with the tablet kind, developed a rash so that was stopped. After a break of a few years I restarted it but in the injected form. I occasionally feel extra tired the day after the day after injecting but as I no longer work that is not a problem. I am not troubled too much by psoriasis which is a blessing - are you? If so the meth should help to ease that as it works by suppressing the immune system.

Feel free to ask any questions, most people look in on the Living with Arthritis board so there may be topics of interest on there. DD

Apologies only getting back to you now, using laptop today so i can blether away lol

I still have psoriasis yes but not nearly as much as i used to have, what reason for that I dont know, i do find tho that its being stressed out the past week after the diagnosis thats kinda making it flare up a touch. dreading the winter now tbh as my ankle plays up when cold and has done so for months, psoriasis too gets worse in winter i think, what about you?

Worst thing for me is i still work, want to still work (only 38) but finding some tasks at work a touch difficult at times of late, due to pain, also informing them was hard too as i got the 'what is that?' reply etc and the usual