Newly diagnosed

SandiB
SandiB Member Posts: 22
edited 1. Sep 2017, 15:48 in Say Hello Archive
Hi
I have recently received a diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis. Feeling a little perplexed with all the information out there. What are your experiences of meds? I am intolerant of NSAIDS and Methotrexate made me feel awful!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sandib
    Welcome to the forum, I know how you feel when you are diagnosed with any Arthritis, I have OA and can still remember how I felt just like you.Its great you have found the forum as all are friendly and all understand and can empathize with you.
    Just choose a forum and start to chat you will soon get a reply.
    All the best Christine :D
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi there SandiB and welcome.

I don't have PsA: I have RA but the meds are the same. I can't take NSAIDS either but my disease is well-controlled by a combination of methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine.

What are you taking now? Or are you having to wait until the methotrexate has left your system? Sulphasalazine is a common one, especially for PsA.

Do be careful of information 'out there'. The net is a dangerous place for misinformation. Stick to reliable sites like this one, ARUK and NHS Choices.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Rog
    Rog Member Posts: 24
    SandiB wrote:
    Hi
    I have recently received a diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis. Feeling a little perplexed with all the information out there. What are your experiences of meds? I am intolerant of NSAIDS and Methotrexate made me feel awful!

Welcome to the psoriatic arthritis club, newly joined myself just over a week ago lol (shouldnt have but if i dont i will cry) still only on 10mg of meth a week and had 2 doses thus far, so far so good if and a big it it stops this in its tracks or slows it down and gives me a better chance at walking right for once, have limped for what seems like forever now and dont recall the last time i walked normally, perhaps my brain wouldnt allow me to do so if i could now its been so long.
  • SandiB
    Rog wrote:
    SandiB wrote:
    Hi

Welcome to the psoriatic arthritis club, newly joined myself just over a week ago lol (shouldnt have but if i dont i will cry) still only on 10mg of meth a week and had 2 doses thus far, so far so good if and a big it it stops this in its tracks or slows it down and gives me a better chance at walking right for once, have limped for what seems like forever now and dont recall the last time i walked normally, perhaps my brain wouldnt allow me to do so if i could now its been so long.

Thanks for the welcome. My nurse took me off all meds and I've now been waiting 6 weeks to find out what happens next.
    Really hope there will be something I can take as the pain is just getting worse. What a horrid condition for us to have. I hope the meds work for you and you gain some semblance of normality. X
  • SandiB
    Thanks all!
    Does anyone have any experience of arthritis gloves? I am looking for something that supports my fingers when I'm typing.
    Thanks