Hello All from Aus

AusChiLLi
AusChiLLi Member Posts: 5
edited 13. Sep 2017, 17:04 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all from Country Victoria Australia, My name is Tav, I'm 31,m
and I have just had a bilateral hip replacement 2 days ago after developing and diagnosed with septic arthritis in both hips back in April by a different hospital.
Putting it shortly for now had a rough start to the year when Knowone could figure out the original diagnosis, So I have been bedridden for nearly 6 months without being able to move a mm or 2 anywhere below the waist without being in absolute agony that no person should ever have to go through. Have now finally had my hips done, in a private hospital in Ballarat Victoria and will still be in here for quite sometime as I try and strengthen the atrophied muscles and recover from both joint replacement s in general. This is me reaching out and I am in the right place when it comes to trying to cope with this kind of thing. Anyway, glad I found this kind little community. Will be great hearing and getting to know you all and your stories.
Kind regards
Tav

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi AusChiLLi,

Lovely to meet you! I hope your pain has changed from the agonising chronic type of pain to one that feels like it will improve day by day and eventually stop.

It sounds like you had a difficult 6 months, and your muscles will certainly take some time to recover themselves, I've been working hard to preserve muscle tone and range of movement while waiting for a new knee myself.

You will no doubt be given exercises and hopefully aids to help you at home to continue your recovery there. Do you have anyone at home to help you?

There are members who have had the same surgery as yourself, I'm sure they will be along soon to offer support

Take care
    Yvonne x
  • AusChiLLi
    Hey there, yeah I have a carer back at home and our place has decent setup for someone to cope with disability, ie..open bathroom, wheel chair ramp etc.. I had a road bike accident in 2010 so thing's have been up n down ever since. Ty for the welcome.
    Tav
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Hi there Tav. How ya goin'. I think I may have been to Ballarat. I recognise the name. My daughter and her family moved to Melbourne nearly 3 years ago.

You certainly have had a rough time but hopefully, you're on the mend, as much as you can be, now. There are lots of lovely people on these forums if you want to chat or need some info. Call in to the cafe for a cuppa. We may be a bit mad in there but we are friendly.
    Christine
  • AusChiLLi
    Argh ye , Ballarat is about 1hr25min drive from Melbourne.
    It is it's own big little City. Nice to meet you Christine, Am a bit of a newb when it comes to forum chat & moving about around here. Still looking for this cafe you speak of to no prevail.
  • Joanna
    Joanna Member Posts: 8
    Oh you poor thing, you really have been through the mill. I'm new here too. Just between you and I, I read the forum for a little while before I jumped in, but it looked so friendly and supportive I decided to join.

I hope you are feeling better soon, life can be so hard when you're in constant pain.

Best wishes,
    Joanna
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Tav,

To get to the cafe, go to the Board index just scroll to the top of any page, look just under the turquoise band and you should see it.

Find and click on the Chit chat board

Look through the headings of the threads to find Vals cafe

Click to find the last comment (look to the far right of the entry for the cafe, you will see the name of the last poster and beside that a little icon that looks like a piece of paper with the corner turned down, click on that) useful because there are so many posts in the cafe!

Then ... Enjoy!

Take care
    Yvonne x
  • AusChiLLi
    Ty Joanna, That is too true, Just had a harsh couple of days but I think I'm now over the worst of it. This honestly my first time speaking in a forum but yeah I guess (only early days) is good to always say hi and join in and have a say. Thank You moderator, I certainly will check it out. :-)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Tav
    And a warm welcome form me, I have had both hips replaced but this was due to OA..I know how awful septic arthritis can be ..but you do sound to be in good hands..wishing you a good recovery...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hello Tav!

A quick hello and welcome from me too :)

Here's to a speedy recovery ((()))

Toni xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Haven't been on the forums for over a week so sorry I didn't get back to you Tav. Thanks mod Yvonne for pointing him/her in the right direction to the cafe. Good idea to go to the last post as there are a lot of posts every day.
    Christine