Its that time of the year!

Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 9. Sep 2017, 15:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
We woke up to devastated lawns, Mr. Brock (and probably Mrs and six kids as well) has paid us a visit, dug up our lawns looking for worms. Luckily they didn't want any spinach, marrows, beans or even any apple and pear fallers, just the worms. I've spent the day moving quantities of earth and grass back to where it was. Little dears.....

The deer haven't visited for a while I suppose they'll be back soon?

Comments

• Airwave!
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    and just to prove they'll not fussy, they came back again last night! Leaving behind minor damage this time.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I have 11 molehills in my back garden :roll:
    You have my sympathy!
  • Airwave!
    Molehills? I'd smile at such a minor thing (haha), they came back again last night and dug up the bottom of the garden, I've just collected the fallen pears and they weren't touched, worms is the superfood!

Next door has a company come round and treat their grass, the other side never cut theirs and its my garden they choose as their living larder, are my worms better, tastier?

All this reminds me of that bald comedian (the funky moped one) telling tales of the moles in his garden and trying to exterminate them. My rhubarb and goosgogs haven't recovered, next year its war!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Molehills are very prolific ATM due to us having the driveway slightly altered to make a slope and to make it a tad wider :)

My worms are also a superfood I think :lol:

Yours are almost certainly tastier than either neighbour's :D
  • Airwave!
    We had molehills at our last house, that was enough. There used to be a girl at a local pub who always wore moleskin trousers, I thought then that this was a lot of work to go to to rid gardens of a mole or two. Imagine having to skin and treat the skins before sewing them together.