Anyone else would be pleased ...

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 30. Sep 2017, 13:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
.... Weighed in today at Slimming World. I'm a target member and have been since 28th Dec 2016. Last I was half a pound under so had to get back into target range this week or start paying fees again.

SW rules say you can be 3lbs either way of your target weight, if you stray outside of those you have 1 week to get back into target, re-set your target by moving your goal weight by at least 7lbs or pay the weekly fee until you are back in target range.

So last week I increased my intake of food a little to try and add that half pound on. (Notice the use of the word "try"). I've lost a further 1.5lbs so I am now 2lbs under the bottom of my target range and down £4.95 in my pocket as I've had to pay the weekly fee! :roll:

Ii I re-set my target I'd then need to lose a further 1.5lbs and keep it off long term - and I'd struggle with that. I was happy with the target weight I set for myself and think it's realistic to maintain that. My GP would probably be delighted with today's result, but I need to take the long term view. I've been busier just lately (dealing with double glazing going in, washing curtains etc.,) and been eating well so am rather baffled.

I've treated myself to some well known crisps in a tube as well as a packet of sweets. It's been so long since I bought sweets I had to hunt them down in the shop! I intend to enjoy them - and the full fat cheese I also purchased. But as my gallbladder & I parted company last January, I can't eat a fatty diet without being in a lot of pain and that doesn't appeal - can't think why!

I'm off to start on the sweets - and I'll enjoy every single one as it'll be a treat. :lol:

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,707
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm thinking that getting your palate used to forbidden foods again might not be a good thing after all you've achieved. You know how to lose weight now as you've done it so well. Why not just forget about Slimmers' World. It seems crazy having to put weight on just to escape a 'fine'.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    Sticky, I know exactly what you mean! It doesn't sit comfortably with me either. I've had half a dozen of the sweets and the same again of the crisps - I don't want any more. I think you are spot on when you say my palette has been re-educated. I no longer want to eat rubbish or stuff that's bad for me. :lol:

I weigh-in regularly (not every week when I'm in target) as that encourages me stay on a healthy eating plan. If I don't weigh-in regularly, I could "stray" from the straight and narrow. The last thing I want to do is to put all that weight back on. I must say, however, it is nice to see in the book that my total weight loss now says "5 stones, 5 lbs"!!

I intend this week to continue to eat healthily and I'll see where I am next weigh-in. If I lose any more I'll get a set of scales (I've long since chucked mine away - not liking what they were telling me!), write my weight down every week and keep track of it myself. After all, I know what to do now!

GraceB
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,398
    Grace don't forget you have been in EXTRA pain due to your neck.

I often loose weight if I am in real trouble :?

Not having your gallbladder I really don't know what else to suggest really as a lot of higher fat food irritates my sister after she had hers out.

I know some people would think this a nice problem to have, but...... :roll:

Best of luck

Toni xx
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Perhaps in addition to getting new scales, find a replacement for the get-together social aspect of the meetings as well?
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Oh Grace if only... :lol:
    Yes the healthy option is much better in the long run..the one thing that stops me losing weight is fruit..it must be all the sugars..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    I've definitely gone off junk food - which is great! I've decided to stick to plan from tomorrow onwards and I'll see what the scales say Friday. If I've maintained this lower weight then I'll weigh weekly at home and write it down. I don't stay to the group sessions so it's not as if I'd miss those. I need to check regularly as, if I don't, this could so easily run away with me - and I don't want that after all my hard work.

And yes, the neck pain has been bad - still is to be honest.

As for the shoulder lump? The GP I saw for this said it was a dermoid cyst and I should leave it alone, with the caveat that if it got larger in future I should let them know and it could then come out. So that's what I did.

However, he did a mole check on my back for me. He straight away said I had a "very iffy mole" in the centre of my back high up between my shoulder blades. As this was "very iffy" he took it off there and then as he said this couldn't - and mustn't - wait. So I now have a dressing in that area and the mole has been sent off for checks. I have to ring in 4 weeks to get the result. If results are bad I'll be off to see a surgeon pretty quickly. (We have a skin cancer history in the family so I'm not that surprised if I'm honest).

Anyway, he said I should keep it dressed for a few days because of where it is. I'm to replace the dressing daily. One problem with that - I'm not a flaming contortionist!! :o And I live alone. A friend of mine will re-dress it for me tomorrow and then again in the week, bless her. He also said if it got wet, I should dry it with a hairdryer. Now, I know my shoulders are okay with the arthritis but - dry my back with a hairdryer! :roll: Ideas on a postcard please as to how on earth I should attempt this.

So now I wait - to see what happens with both things.

GraceB
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,398
    Grace I very much hope the mole turns out to have been benign ((()))

Toni xxx
  • GraceB
    Well, despite my sweet and crisp eating last weekend I only put a pound on, and I suspect most of that could have been down to the fact I wore slightly heavier trousers this week (instead of my usual leggings), plus I'd eaten a bit more before I weighed in yesterday.

I've purchased a set of bathroom scales and I'll weigh at home every Friday. I know what I'm doing with the plan and it's become a way of healthy eating for me now. As long as I keep track - and write my weight down - that for me is the important thing, not where I'm weighing in. I threw my old set of scales away years ago as I didn't like the figures they were producing when I stood on them. :lol::lol:

GraceB