Pocket Duties required

TheLordFlasheart
TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
edited 28. Sep 2017, 05:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well, got my latest pain clinic appointment this Tuesday (3:45pm), and it feel like a second home now :lol:

So if any of you can pop along for some morale support, it'll be a help, especially after my latest steroid injection failed (lasted a whole two days).

Alastair
"Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Count me in, I hope they can help. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Alistair

Good luck with your appointment. The mods will be with you too.

Chris
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I'll be there Alastair

fresh from my ENT appointment :shock:

Love

Toni xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Count me in. After my first pain clinic appt today we can compare notes.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Sadly I can't make it, I have my first neurology appointment a 3.50! Hope all goes well, sending positive vibes.

Deb
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm only just in time but definitely in your pocket now. My fingers are crossed. I hope all goes well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • TheLordFlasheart
    First of all, thanks for those who attended (I hope you took notes, as there'll be an exam.......only kidding :lol: ), I had a rather shorter appointment, just discussing my current medication and that fact my latest steriod injection failed, and it was agreed between me and the constultant to be discharged.

This is mainly due to that i'm now waiting for my arthroscopy, and generally feeling a bit better in myself, and on a combination of medication that gets me through the day/night.

The consultant also agreed, that if the arthroscopy fails (which it may do), I will get re-referred to the clinic.

Alastair
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    That cannot have been an easy decision, Alistair, but well done and I hope the eventual arthroscopy brings some relief. Steroid injections are not reliable, in all my arthritic years I've had only one that was noticeably effective for a decent period of time.

Living with constant discomfort and pain is a challenge none of us want but it's part and parcel of our conditions. Pain clinics have a role to play and I hope it's a comfort knowing you can be re-referred if necessary. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hope you don't have to wait too long.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Alastair

I am pleased you have one less clinic to go to and very much hope the arthroscopy one comes up soon for you :)

Getting a good night's sleep just cannot be under-estimated can it?

Love

Toni xx
  • TheLordFlasheart
    DreamDasiy - No, it was not an easy choice to make, but it made sense as i'm starting to cope better at managing the pain, and it is a challenge, but i'm determined not to let it beat me.

Frogmorton - A good nights sleep is a godsend, as it gives me enough energy to get through the day. Although, around 3pm i'm knackered and waving the white flag (metophorically speaking), and ready to get home.

Alastair
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I think that was a good appointment, Alastair and, of course, I was taking notes :wink: Very often the choice is not between good and bad but the - hopefully - lesser of two evils. Carry on sleeping better at night and be sure to call on us for the op.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright