Nerve Conduction tests-pocket duties please.

Options
2»

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My OA definitely came from the RA. I was told that when the consultant offered new knees and I said I thought they were only for OA. "Oh" he said "after all these years of RA you have OA too." Wonderful! Lucky me! Lucky us! Aren't we the greedy ones?

As for being 'absolute stars' - oh I think not. Maybe a black hole or two :lol: Seriously, I used to believe in altruism but now I don't. People get something out of their supposed kind deeds and, by supporting others on here, we can (a) defy the arthritis by being useful and (b) take it down to size a bit. And that makes me feel better :D

Re swear words that aren't. At school a friend used to frequently cry "Oh string vests!"

How are things today?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Count me in!!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I too have been wondering how you are feeling - it's dull weather here today so I am feeling dull as a result: I hope you have at least a little sunshine to cheer matters. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Thank you for thinking of me. Today is mixed, a rough night with lots of aching bits-my shoulders seem to have joined the party fairly emphatically, and my finger joints with both sorts of arthritis are rubbish. On the positive side we had a lovely evening yesterday with our son and his partner who made yummy food.

It was harvest festival at church today and I enjoy the sense of folks coming together with real generosity of heart, which has lifted me a little- lots of food gifts for our local food bank and a goodly sum donated for Birmingham Children's Hospital, all good stuff......I've been gathering folks together to make food for one of our congregation without a family who is going in for a knee replacement shortly-all the positivity does help to refocus I think.

I have rheumatology at 11 am on Friday, so any pocket dwellers would be appreciated-maybe you can give me a nudge if I forget to tell him how things are!

Deb x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I'm in and YOU WILL NOT 'FORGET' :wink:

Maybe some of today is payback. You know arthritis hates us to enjoy ourselves :roll: Seriously, when things are rough even the good times hurt as we are sitting in not-quite-the-right chairs and twisting and turning to chat. Arthritis does not play fair. I hope tomorrow will be better, at least a bit. ((( )))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Just a quick update, I'm still waiting a follow on appointment for further tests, but I met a new rheumy consultant last Friday who suggested that the tingling is unlikely to be related to the leflunomide. He has doubled my lef dose and gave me a steroid injection because I have lots of sore/swollen joints. He was of the opinion that my dreadful ankle pain is RA rather than OA related- whichever, it's a painful little beast! :roll: As an added bonus I'm back on fortnightly bloods due to the increased dosage.

Happily the steroid seems to have knocked the edge off the sore fingers and shoulders for now, and so far no increase in tingling so maybe it's not the lef......who can tell. Sadly sleep is still elusive and the fatigue is overwhelming, but I guess that may be due to the RA flaring too.

Seems to me that living with arthritis is one continuous waiting game as we shuffle from one appointment to the next :oops:

Deb x