Just to say hello

Babsb
Babsb Member Posts: 26
edited 9. Oct 2017, 07:41 in Say Hello Archive
Hi. Just thought I would say hello. I have osteoarthritis and already have a replacement hip.I need the other hip doing but unfortunately because of illness this has been cancelled indefinitely. I am very outgoing and do my best not to let it define me but as you all know this can be hard sometimes. I look forward to reading a lot of your posts.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi and welcome to the forums - there are many members on here and I'm sure you will get the answers you seek,in the meantime please read our leaflet (living with arthritis,link below),if we as moderators can be of any help just ask.
    https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/living-with-arthritis
    Al
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Welcome to the forums Babsb, I too have OA (my left knee), but some way off a replacement (keep been told i'm "too young"), so I do what I can to cope.

There's nothing wrong feeling low, or sorry for yourself from time to time, we are all in the same boat and know how it feels

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you and I hope you find the forum to be of interest and support: we are all in similar boats, I am fortunate to be rowing two of them by having an auto-immune arthritis which has led to OA, not a lottery I wanted to win. :wink:

I'm having a rough day today thanks to the weather, it's damp, drizzly and windy, do you find that affects you? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Babsb
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you and I hope you find the forum to be of interest and support: we are all in similar boats, I am fortunate to be rowing two of them by having an auto-immune arthritis which has led to OA, not a lottery I wanted to win. :wink:

I'm having a rough day today thanks to the weather, it's damp, drizzly and windy, do you find that affects you? DD

aww sorry you are having a bad day. yes I think the weather has a lot to do with the aches and pains. thank you for the welcome it was good to find others who understand how you feel. babsb
  • Babsb
    Welcome to the forums Babsb, I too have OA (my left knee), but some way off a replacement (keep been told i'm "too young"), so I do what I can to cope.

There's nothing wrong feeling low, or sorry for yourself from time to time, we are all in the same boat and know how it feels

Alastair

hi and thank you for the welcome. sorry about your knee I have heard how painful that can be. keep smiling. I know that is difficult sometimes when you feel so low. I do tend to push myself a bit and always pay the price when I get home but cant stay still too long. babsb
  • Babsb
    moderator wrote:
    Hi and welcome to the forums - there are many members on here and I'm sure you will get the answers you seek,in the meantime please read our leaflet (living with arthritis,link below),if we as moderators can be of any help just ask.
    https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/living-with-arthritis
    Al
    thank you. been having a good look around, very helpful information. I also had a broken neck due to crumbling and then breaking, plenty metal there now. took a long time to get myself going again but got there eventually. its good to know other people understand what is happening so thank you. babsb