Ill Health Retirement

Options
curly
curly Member Posts: 3
edited 7. Feb 2023, 10:12 in News Archive
Hi everybody,
Just joined group. Looking for some advice on ill health retirement. I will be 55 in January 18 and worked for local authority for 19 yrs. Don't know how to go about starting this process. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello curly

Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums. As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

All best wishes

John
  • Babsb
    Babsb Member Posts: 26
    Options
    hi curly, I too had to retire due to ill health as well as oa, not sure what help you need but would be pleased to help if I can. I notice there is a topic on benefits that you may find helpful. it is a minefield when you retire before your time so hope you get the help you need. I know I was very upset because I loved my job of 20 yrs but it was the best thing for me to do.

babsb
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, there's a board on here entitled Benefits and Working Matters forum, I am sure that a read through some of the threads on there may be helpful as quite a few on here are facing or dealing with the same situation as yourself. I retired a while ago now, in my early 50s, but being self-employed it was a very easy thing to do. I don't miss working in the slightest, the extra stress and bother was far from helpful in managing my conditions. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Mcelwaine
    Mcelwaine Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi, I also work for local authority and I'm currently unfit for my substantive post so they are looking for an alternative, may not be the same pay though, have you thought about transfer to another department? I do believe you can also go part time with pension topping up your pay to full time at 55yrs, your union should be able to help with that, good luck I hope you get the information you need

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk