News about Sticky.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 30. Nov 2017, 11:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Some of the more eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed that Stickywicket hasn't been about over the past ten days or so. There's a good reason; not having done so for some time she decided to keep her hand in and went to hospital to test NHS resources. I'm pleased to say they haven't been found wanting.

I won't go into detail but she has had two operations (not arthritis-related) one with an epidural and one under a general. She is beginning to recover but there is still some way to go - there is no news as yet on a release date. She doesn't think she'll be back for some time yet to come so asked me to say that she hopes everyone on here is doing as well as they can and, if not, that things soon improve.

I know you won't be reading this but please get well soon, Sticky, as we all know the best place to recuperate is at home so get thee there as soon as thee can! ((((( ))))) DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sending my best wishes and a speedy recovery (well, not TOO speedy).

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Oh dear Sticky,

What a to-do. I'm glad the hospital is good - do thy realise the difficulty will be keeping you down once recovery is under way.

With love from me and the mod team
    Yvonne x
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    hope she makes a quick recovery & back online soon , best wishes but our NHS is very good & in the best place
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Gosh thank you DD for posting this :?

Please send my very best to Stickywicket and tell her to get well soon

t4450.gif

love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh bless thankyou for letting us know DD..I hope she make a speedy recovery and will be home very soon...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Thanks to each and every one, you are very kind to take the time to reply. I spoke briefly to her today, she sounded very tired and is having a real battle with nausea despite the anti-emetics she's receiving via IV. :( DD
  • Helenbothknees
    Helenbothknees Member Posts: 487
    Please give her my regards and best wishes for a speedy recovery!
  • littlemimmy
    littlemimmy Member Posts: 111
    I too wish sticky a swift and satisfactory recovery. So glad it's all gone well, although I hope the nausea ends asap. Please do pass on my good wishes.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Wishing you a speedy recovery Sticky. Hope the nausea passes very soon.

Thanks for letting us know DD.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    I'm sure I am doing the right thing in passing on thanks from Pat and her family, although she asked me to do this I haven't been able to confirm that I have.

She had a poor night, her consultant is due to see her at some point today. The nausea is still not under proper control which, as we all know, is very unpleasant. DD
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    All the best to Sticky and I hope things progress satisfactorily. Good to hear that the facilities have come up to scratch, and wise of her to put off testing them until she and Mr SW were properly settled in their new home!
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Sending best wishes to Sticky, and hoping the nausea fades soon-it's so miserable.

DD thank you for keeping us up to speed.

Deb xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    HI DD

Thank you so much for passing the news on
    Send her my best wishes

Love and take care of yourself Sticky

Hileena
  • Dragonfly17
    Dragonfly17 Member Posts: 47
    Hi DD, thanks for keeping us up to date with Sticky's progress - wishing her a very speedy recovery and hope to hear her on here soon, she is greatly missed. xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Thanks for this DD, I hope her recovery goes well and they can get the nausea under control.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Again, thanks to each and every one for replying.

Yesterday afternoon she had her food IV replaced (a difficult procedure due to lack of co-operative veins) and a gastric tube inserted via her nose to drain her tummy of anything which might be contributing to the ongoing nausea. Suffice it to say she's not at her combative best at the moment. DD
  • [Deleted User]
    Thanks DD for your up date on Sticky Wicket. All the mod are thinking of her.
    Best wishes
    ChrisK
  • Slosh
    Poor Sticky, that sounds horrible. Really hope things start to improve for her soon.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    That sounds really unpleasant, poor Sticky, Sending positive thoughts/

DD, thanks for keeping us updated.

Deb x
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    That's sound really bad, sending more best wishes to Sticky.
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • dreamdaisy
    More thanks to everyone, every reply is much appreciated.

I was able to speak to her last night, her voice sounded stronger and we had a laugh or two - she is very grateful for all your support and told me it will probably be a few weeks before she is back on here - I tend to agree. She has a long recovery road ahead and her focus must necessarily be on herself and her health. She sends every one her best wishes and hopes you are all doing as best you can in your various circumstances. DD

PS The gastric tube has eased the nausea, hurrah!
  • Slosh
    That sounds much more positive, thank you so much for keeping us updated DD
    Julian of Norwich
  • [Deleted User]
    Thank you for the news Dreamdaisy from all of us on the Moderating team.

Things do sound a good bit better.

We are all thinking of Stickywicket and send our very best to her.

Ellen
  • wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233
    Dear Sticky,

Well, I see you are determined to test every department of your hospital. It's very noble of you but I do think a little r&r is called for now, especially now the nausea has been dealt with.

Take care now, try to do as you are told by the nurses,
    Love
    Yvonne xxx

Thanks for keeping us up to date DD xx
  • dreamdaisy
    I have more news: she is unplugged from everything apart from the food tube but that is being 'retired' as she is finally being allowed - and is nearly wanting - food. She has even managed a cup of tea, hurrah!

I don't think it would be breaking a confidence to say that she has been having an issue with her digestive system but I won't say what until - and more importantly if - I get the OK from her to do so. I'm sure you all understand. DD