#osteoarthritis

Options
Mcelwaine
Mcelwaine Member Posts: 7
edited 31. Oct 2017, 09:25 in Say Hello Archive
Hi my name is Diane & I was diagnosed with OA just over 3yrs ago, initial diagnosis in hip, wrists and hands/fingers, since then I have developed pain in middle of spine tail bone, toes and elbow, i have nodgels in my thyroid gland too, I have tried anti inflammatory tabs but cannot take them due to side effects, I have recently been signed off by my works Occupational health doctor that the job I do I cannot manage now, sitting waiting on a transfer of department as it's a local authority children's home I worked in, I'm devastated but my health comes first! Thank you for allowing me to join this forum I'm sure I will get a lot out of it! Hope you are all well

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums, Mcelwaine , from the moderation team.

You have definitely come to the right place to talk about arthritis with those who understand.

I am very sorry to hear you are waiting on a change of job due to your Osteoarthritis I hope you don’t have to wait too long for them to decide where you will be relocated.

I have attached a link to Arthritis Care’s information about managing Arthritic pain I hope it helps you a little:

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/living-with-arthritis/managing-pain

As moderators we are here to help with any problems you may have using the message boards so feel free to send us a message if you need to.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Ellen
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I too have OA in addition to another kind of arthritis and fibromyalgia. I was fortunate enough to be self-employed so was able to stop when I decided I had had enough (and after seventeen years or so that point was reached). I am still very thankful that that pressure is removed.

I hope you find the forum to be of interest, we all get it because we've got it. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Mcelwaine
    Options
    moderator wrote:
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums, Mcelwaine , from the moderation team.

You have definitely come to the right place to talk about arthritis with those who understand.

I am very sorry to hear you are waiting on a change of job due to your Osteoarthritis I hope you don’t have to wait too long for them to decide where you will be relocated.

I have attached a link to Arthritis Care’s information about managing Arthritic pain I hope it helps you a little:

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/living-with-arthritis/managing-pain

As moderators we are here to help with any problems you may have using the message boards so feel free to send us a message if you need to.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Ellen
    Thank you so much! Looking forward to sharing and learning

• Mcelwaine
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello, I too have OA in addition to another kind of arthritis and fibromyalgia. I was fortunate enough to be self-employed so was able to stop when I decided I had had enough (and after seventeen years or so that point was reached). I am still very thankful that that pressure is removed.

I hope you find the forum to be of interest, we all get it because we've got it. :wink: DD
    Thanks so much for your comment, it's tough having being forced to stop working but I'm sure my skills are transferable to other jobs, glad you were able to stop when you needed to