Winter is here

TheLordFlasheart
TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
edited 30. Nov 2017, 11:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well it's that time of the year to wrap up up and curse it for being so cold (well for me, was chilly this mornng) making our joints ache and hurt.

Roll on summer!
"Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    To right Alastair....

icy this morning :(

r075.gif
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Alastair...it has soon come around..think I must be a strange one I do find the hot weather much worse on my joints...I like Autumn neither freezing or hot..cant please us all.. :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    The warm weather is the best although being boiled without the chance to escape the heat does bring its own concerns. I do enjoy getting into my winter clothes but not the dark evenings. Any guesses on the long term weather?

Nobody has mentioned that 'C' word yet........? I've had my first mince pie already!
  • TheLordFlasheart
    For the first time in years I actually dread snow, as it makes it harder and puts more strain on my knee. Fingers cross for a wet winter (don't let my nieces hear me say that).
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    If it snows I can stay indoors this year as I'm not working now (it has to have some benefits). I don't mind cold and bright days as I can wrap up warm and enjoy seeing the sun and maybe even feeling it! For me it's the wet days I dread most, my body doesn't like them and I find grey, wet days miserable.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Snow, ice, wet leaves all make it harder to walk don't they?

Slosh I am very pleased to hear you will be planning to stay inside if it snows. Very wise.

Alastair - just hope the snow comes (for the nieces) when you are not at work and goes before you have to go back ;)

I take it they are the age to love the white stuff??
  • TheLordFlasheart
    Frogmorton - Oh indeed they are at 5 and 9, the youngest can be a handful at times.

Back to the cold weather, what's best to keep my knee warm to ward off the cold blasts?
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Thermal long johns?
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Personally I hate the wet and when it's very cold. Both really upset my joints. But then again, when it's tropically hot in the summer my joints swell - can't win can I?

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    I have a pair of walking boots (brought in Europe) with soles suitable for walking on snow and ice, just a different brew of sole, brilliant to feel confident on cold slippery surfaces.
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Lots of snow showers today - nothing laid fortunately, but definitely end of autumn!
    Just hoping it warms up a bit for Sunday as our choir is doing a slot for the town lights switch on, and standing around in the cold doesn't appeal with my hands and feet causing me grief.