Gutted

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 1. Nov 2017, 17:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
So I got up early, got dressed and got cab to hospital. All well though as I had only has a couple of sips of water in the morning to take my meds with giving a sample was a little difficult though I managed in the end.
Nurse came back and asked if there was any possibility I could be pregnant? I replied that at 56, single, with a coil in - no!
He rechecked, came back and said that as it was still showing raised hormones I needed to see my GP for further tests including blood tests. He then said that due to the hospital protocol they couldn't go ahead with my procedure :(

I feel gutted/tearful/fed up. I waited so long for these and although it sounds silly I was hoping they would mean I could wear jumpers again and get my haircut without being in severe pain.
Got a GP phone consultation booked for tomorrow so I will discuss it with him.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear Slosh, you must be frustrated, cross and unsettled, we psych ourselves up for these things, then the feeling of let down is sometimes over whelming.

I really hope your GP consultation tomorrow offers a swift way forward.

Sending bucket loads of sympathy.

Deb xx
  • Slosh
    Thank you, that's it exactly, just such a huge let down. Just wonder how long I will have to wait now. Tired as well as not only did I have to get up super early, but I slept badly last night.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh Slosh!!

You poor thing :( I am so so sorry :(

((())) for you.

The coil isn't a hormone one is it just a thought???

Love

Toni xx
  • Slosh
    Not now, it was originally but none would be left now as it's been in for a long time.
    Julian of Norwich
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Sorry to hear that slosh, you get all mentally prepared only for something like this to happen.
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • Slosh
    And I've been waiting over a year too
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I had no idea that such things could be hormone-dependent, ye gods yet another kick in the 'health' teeth for you to endure. :x

It seems to me that the arthritis witch has been far too busy recently, shall we try to knock her off her broomstick? t98247

DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    What a great idea DD!
    It really knocked me sideways and is affecting my mood...I can see the depression door opening again and I'm trying to close it before it sucks me in too far.
    I already had a phone consultation booked with my GP to get my sick note renewed and when I told him he burst out laughing and said the only way it coukd happen would be an immaculate conception! He then said he needed to see me and fitted me in as an extra appointment. He also warned me I woukd need to do another test so to do that when I arrived. Did that, saw him, he did the test, we chatted and it came back negative. However he had to repeat it to be sure. I just looked at him when I asked if I could provide another sample and when I said no said he would get me a drink. I went to the waiting area while he went to the chemist next door and came back with a bottle of water for me and told me to go back to his room once I have done the sample. Water drunk, deed done I go back.
    Second test is done but he then noticed that the second line was showing up slightly showing raised hormone levels. A few more questions, a feel of my abdomen and I end up with a blood test form and a referral for a scan of my ovaries.
    I can't fault my GP for his care and thoroughness, if only the NHS had more like him.
    Plus while I was waiting and drinking my water the pharmacist came in, recognised me and said that he had some meds for me...he then kept the pharmacy open until I had finished with my GP so I could pick them up.

So now it's back to waiting for another appointment! Thank God for the NHS
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi slosh I really feels for you, so glad to hear you have such a good GP..now will have my fingers crossed that they get you back in very soon..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Thank you. I am really lucky with my GP, and know I can trust him.
    Julian of Norwich