Hello

Options
silverwolf
silverwolf Member Posts: 4
edited 6. Nov 2017, 13:06 in Say Hello Archive
Hello all.

My name is Caz. I am a new member to this site and very anxious. I just wanted to intoduce myself.

I am a 44yr old lady who used to work as a carer for 16 years. I have had to give up the career i love due to this cruel disease. I have osteo arthritis in my cervical and lumbar spine, also my left knee.

Hoping to get some support from the group but also to offer support to others as well.

Kind regards, Love and light to you all.

Caz x

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Caz
    welcome to the forums it is lovely to have you here. I am sorry that your osteoarthritis has given you such a difficult time. I am sure the community here will be very supportive to you and they will be able to share their experiences with you too.
    You might find it useful to look at our section of the website on "living with arthritis" here https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/living-with-arthritis. The best place to post is in the "living with arthritis forum
    " as this is the most active area.
    I look forward to seeing around the boards and please ask as many questions as you need, that is what we are here for
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you and I am sorry you have had to find us. Everyone on here has one or another form of arthritis so you will find understanding and empathy - we all get it because we've got it.

I started with psoriatic arthritis in 1997 when I was 37 and then osteo was diagnosed in 2011. Some joints have one or the other, others have both so life has its moments. The meds for the psoriatic don't affect or improve the OA so I manage it with pain relief, pacing myself and rest. I am fortunate in that I no longer work, something for which I am very grateful.

I hope you find the forum to be of interest. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hello silverwolf, glad to see a new member, you'll find us a very welcoming bunch so don't feel too anxious.

I've got Patello Femoral Arthritis (a form of oseteoarthritis) in my left knee and was diagnosed with it back in 2012, and at first I found it hard to generally cope and get over the shock, especially since I was 31 at the time.

I'm still working currently in an office, but had to give up hiking, or which I enjoyed very much. But I have learnt to pace myself, and not over do things.

I've found this place to be a great support network, and no one judges you, as dreamdasiy rightly said, we all got it so understand.

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi Caz :)

Welcome to the forum from me too.

I'm sorry about your OA stopping you working. I bet you miss your service users and fellow staff :(

Do join in here everyone will welcome you :)

Love

Toni xx
  • silverwolf
    silverwolf Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you all for your warm welcome. People judge me and say that i am exaggerating by having to have carers in. Nobody knows what it feels like if they are not going through it themselves. Been feeling so alone as most people dont understand the depression that can hit due to pain flare ups.

Dont feel quite so alone now. Thank you all xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Caz and welcome to the forum, its good to talk to people that understand some of what you are going through..I really feel for you having to give up work..I was thankfully semi retired..you will find lots of info on the forum and also get support..
    Love
    Barbara