Hiya

Loly
Loly Member Posts: 5
edited 9. Nov 2017, 15:06 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone
I am new and have just been diagnosed with osteoarthritis, hyper mobility and fibromyalgia. I suspected OA but was a bit shocked after MRIs to find that I have multilevel OA in my spine as well as knees, hips, feet, wrists and hands. But my elbows are ok at the moment lol :lol:
As you know the pain gets you down but my main problem is that I'm too hard on myself. I don't ask for help, work through the pain and depression, saying " I'm ok" when I'm not. I work full time and am on my own except for my lovely pets :running_dog: who keep me going. But I think the time has come to try and accept things, get some advice etc.
So hopefully by being part of this lovely community, I'll get there
Keep warm, hugs xxx

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums, Loly, from the moderation team.

You have definitely come to the right place to talk about arthritis with those who understand.

I am very sorry to hear you have been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia and Joint Hypermobility too. Your osteoarthritis sounds to be fairly widespread. I don’t know whether you have had time to read any of the Arthritis Care or Arthritis Research UK’s information on the subject so attach a link for you to peruse if you wish to:

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/do-i-have-arthritis/publications/223-living-with-osteoarthritis

Some information about Fibromyalgia:

https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/fibromyalgia/what-is-fibromyalgia.aspx

and something about Joint Hypermobility:

https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/joint-hypermobility.aspx

As moderators we are here to help with any problems you may have using the message boards so feel free to send us a message if you need to.

I look forward to seeing you posting.

Best wishes

Ellen
  • Loly
    Thank you for the welcome and the advice :) forgot to mention that I'm just about to my pre op assessment for rotator cuff repair, I guess I've been in the wars a bit lately :(
    Shirley x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Ouch Shirley :shock:

I wish you the very best of luck with your impending operation from all of us moderators.

Do let everyone know how you get on when you are able to post.

Ellen
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I started with psoriatic arthritis in 1997 and over the years that has led to osteo plus fibro so we have that in common. I worked for as long as I could (I began my own little business two years before the arthritis arrived) but eventually it all became too much of a struggle and it's lovely not being under that pressure any more. As things deteriorated I quickly learned that asking for help would save me precious energy for the stuff I prefer to do - and it makes my life easier which is always a good thing. Sometimes that help comes at a cost (e.g. I have a cleaner) but my DLA covers that.

I hope you find the forum to be of interest, Living with Arthritis is the board here where we cover meds, doctors, appointments and the general ins-and-outs-and-ups-and-downs of living with our various conditions. I wish you well for your forthcoming operation: we are a caring bunch on here and always appreciate an update. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Loly
    Aaaw thank you. It's really nice to know there are others out there that understand, but yeah, it's a shame we have to have these problems. But take that as a positive, a bonus finding kind people. I don't have a date for the op yet but will keep you updated. Thanks again
    Shirl x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Loly
    And a warm welcome from me :)
    I really do feel for you working full time, I count myself lucky being retired..you really have come to the right place for support..info and a chat when you need it.. x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Loly
    Thank you Barbara . Yes it's sometimes a struggle and a juggling act but.....I am now trying to look after me though, something I find very hard to do. This seems like a great site to be on, full of advice and support :)
    Shirl xx