Anyone diagnosed with rhumethoid arthritis?

Kayq
Kayq Member Posts: 2
edited 16. Nov 2017, 04:44 in Say Hello Archive
Hi

I'm 36 years old and have recently been diagnosed with rhumethoid arthritis. I'm finding it rather difficult and feeling uncertain about the future. My pains seem more intense and seem to be affecting more joints.

Anyone out there who can kindly share their own experiences or thoughts.

Thank you

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums, Kayq, from the moderation team it’s lovely to meet you.

I am very sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis. It can be a very frightening time when you are initially diagnosed not knowing what will happen to you. You have definitely come to the right place to meet others with this disease and they will be along to tell you about themselves soon I’m sure.

In the meantime I am attaching a link which you might like to read about Rheumatoid Arthritis, which also includes people’s stories:

http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/system/search-results.aspx?keywords=rheumatoid+arthritis

This might also be of interest:

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/do-i-have-arthritis/publications/222-living-with-rheumatoid-arthritis

Of course you would be very welcome to telephone our helpline on 0808 800 4050 during office hours if you think it might help.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Ellen
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I've had RA for 50+ years which included when my kids were young and it's tough. It does tend to spread to other joints but what medication are you on and for how long have you been taking it? This will make a difference to how things are. If you have questions just ask away. If you post on the Living With Arthritis forum more people will see your thread.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hi, I have another kind of auto-immune arthritis but the meds I take are the same as for RA. I am twenty one years in (I started aged 37) but for me it was just more of the same having had auto-immune issues since birth. If you have been enjoying good health until now this must be very difficult because that prepares you not one for jot for such a setback. I hope you find the forum to be of interest, we know our stuff because we are all in similar boats so properly understand the challenges and difficulties. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben